Lower grand river

Tyler0420

Anyone been out on the lower? Thinking about taking my yak out and trolling up river from the mouth area. I’ll try cranks and worm harnesses. I know the 🐑 heads will be out to play but hopefully I can run into some catts and walleye. 

27 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Anyone been out on the lower? Thinking about taking my yak out and trolling up river from the mouth area. I’ll try cranks and worm harnesses. I know the 🐑 heads will be out to play but hopefully I can run into some catts and walleye. 

If heading down past fish masters theres vic powells on the right and small marina and restaurant ...if u concentrate in that area u should do well using cotton cordell big o's (chartruse)or other shallow diving cranks...can also try the 3or 4 inch paddle tail swim baits on 1/4 oz jigs tipped with a chunk of worm has also been working..good luck

54 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Thanks a lot fishingking. Is there a place to launch a yak around that area?

Theres a public launch just down from the dam..not sure if they charge for launching kayak there ....if u kmow where is u start trolling there and head east up to the river to marina and powells welding shop..try to keep in 12 to 14 ft of water ...about 100 ft back doin 1.5mph. With something that dives 5 to 10 ft u should catch....hooked into some big cats as well 

Lol why don't you go catch and clean them for him too hero. Keep on posting spots. Always fun trolling with 100 boats. Keep up the good work.... #socialspotburn

1 hour ago, roadrunner said:

Lol why don't you go catch and clean them for him too hero. Keep on posting spots. Always fun trolling with 100 boats. Keep up the good work.... #socialspotburn

Why are you on this site if you dont want to share information? I love guys who read all the posts and good information posted here, but refuse to contribute and then criticize other people who do. Sounds like your the real hero

Way too many boats out there this year. Love being pushed into 5 feet of water because someone doesn't want to move from "their" path. Happens all of the time, so I try to avoid shared spots as much as possible.

Lots of small walleye (6"ers) being caught this year. More so than I have ever caught.

Haha hilarious exactly what I mean. Guys who read all the posts and don't contribute are about to head there! Keep it to the DMs if ya want to help. Saves hundreds of others from seeing. But I'll take the hero badge for trying to help you understand lol 

3 minutes ago, Smelt_Fishy said:

Way too many boats out there this year. Love being pushed into 5 feet of water because someone doesn't want to move from "their" path. Happens all of the time, so I try to avoid shared spots as much as possible.

Lots of small walleye (6"ers) being caught this year. More so than I have ever caught.

Never used to be this way only gonna be worse now lol 😉