Luminescence at Short Hills

I have seen a few of them in my back yard lately ,but nothing like this ! Great shots !  

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/life/2021/06/23/niagara-nature-fireflies-light-up-short-hills-provincial-park.html

22 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I have seen a few of them in my back yard lately ,but nothing like this ! Great shots !  

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/life/2021/06/23/niagara-nature-fireflies-light-up-short-hills-provincial-park.html

Cant read the article unless you subscribe to the standard online 

1 hour ago, Darryl L said:

Cant read the article unless you subscribe to the standard online 

I don't subscribe and they give a few freebee articles before locking me out . When I am done with my daily pc use , I delete my cookies and must sign in to google and nfn every morning .That seems to put me back to zero when I go to some papers , like the T.O. Sun.  

The Daily Mail from Briton is wide open for me and much more extensive with news from North America . You may be able to find the firefly article  on Niagara News which also sends their paper here free .

...a snip from one picture at Short Hills ...

Fire Flies.PNG

46 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I don't subscribe and they give a few freebee articles before locking me out . When I am done with my daily pc use , I delete my cookies and must sign in to google and nfn every morning .That seems to put me back to zero when I go to some papers , like the T.O. Sun.  

There is a way to get around it without resetting cookies (for chrome). Press on the lock icon in the taskbar, then press site settings and look for javascript. When you find javascript turn it to block then you will be able to get around the paywall. It works for me and you won't have to keep on logging in to your accounts everyday.

Used to catch fireflies as kids. Looks like they took those pictures with time lapse photography so might not be quite as many in real time.

5 minutes ago, Surf and Turf said:

Used to catch fireflies as kids. Looks like they took those pictures with time lapse photography so might not be quite as many in real time.

So many tricks with cameras these days. You see these beautiful pictures but then I think how many filters have been added to make it look like this. 

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

So many tricks with cameras these days. You see these beautiful pictures but then I think how many filters have been added to make it look like this. 

Best way to see if the paper's story is true is to visit Short Hills and check it out . The fireflies have started to appear in our backyard . While at Quinte 2 years ago our park was loaded with them along the water front .

On 6/24/2021 at 10:34 AM, corey said:

Use outline.com to get around paywalls for various sites. Here's the link for this article. Pretty pictures.

https://outline.com/FkwTAh

cd.

I use Chrome now and Windows 7 , but couldn't  get it to work . 

The Standard ran an article today about the 12 Mile Creek about pcb contamination and shows a photo of signs being installed at Rennie Park . 

Don't eat the carp .... a snip from the headline ....

12 mile rennie park.PNG