Twistenus-growmungus-quickitus

The original is 17ish and the other is in it's 4 year.

This is one months growth....amazing plant for sure

Largest leaf so far measures 24X23 inches....

There is something uniquely different about one
of them this year....

DSCN4248.JPG

DSCN4249.JPG

DSCN4251.JPG

I drove past that  J & B tree about 20 minutes ago , on my way to get my drugs . It certainly is an eye catcher as it grows faster than weed(s) .

Does April contribute  to the rapid growth of the tree  ?   B) 

Some of the young ones with their parents inquiring about the plant have been told of the tale of
Jack and the Bean stock.

There are about 20 of those nasty(nasturtium flowers) which will produce a nice flowering carpet soon.
Have many seeds from last year if you would like some. They sprout fast.

Luckily April & Angel have chosen other areas to curb weed growth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The main plant has grown over 12' so far and the pup has grown over 14' to surpass the original.

Fun to watch the expressons on some of the passerbys and questions from a few of the inquisitive ones.

DSCN4273.JPG

DSCN4274.JPG

DSCN4275.JPG

DSCN4276.JPG

On 8/21/2021 at 7:24 PM, Tyler0420 said:

In one month that thing skyrocketed 

It can grow 3-4 inches in a day...maybe time to see what the fastest growing plant is...and to the heights my grow at.

32 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Certain species of bamboo can grow up to 35" in one day.

Those tall 10' invasive grass plants grow very quickly also . I use the dried stock for my young tomato plants ....looks like bamboo !  

I also have (had) many milk weed plants in my gardens reaching 7 ' with 15 pods on one plant . They were drawing dozens of flies and ants ...and wasps , so I cut most of them down and put them at the back of the yard to dry out . Everything seems to be growing faster this year because of the heat .....need to water plants everyday ! 

I have never seen flies like this on the milk weed leaves ....tried to tie a few up but the legs break off ....:(

Milk Weed poda.jpg

flies on plants.jpg

52 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Certain species of bamboo can grow up to 35" in one day.

Yes I read that  today Chris, of course the bamboo is not supporting massive leaves like mine.

13 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Those tall 10' invasive grass plants grow very quickly also . I use the dried stock for my young tomato plants ....looks like bamboo !  

I also have (had) many milk weed plants in my gardens reaching 7 ' with 15 pods on one plant . They were drawing dozens of flies and ants ...and wasps , so I cut most of them down and put them at the back of the yard to dry out . Everything seems to be growing faster this year because of the heat .....need to water plants everyday ! 

I have never seen flies like this on the milk weed leaves ....tried to tie a few up but the legs break off ....:(

Milk Weed poda.jpg

flies on plants.jpg

See my reply to Chris. As far as the heat goes, some of my vegetables love it and are doing well, and others need extra water for sure.

52 minutes ago, knightfisher said:

See my reply to Chris. As far as the heat goes, some of my vegetables love it and are doing well, and others need extra water for sure.

Do those leaves have fall colours or just die off ?

We used to collect fall leaves and hot wax them between wax paper and put them into large scrap books . Our red and green cannis plants have huge rubbery leaves that collect water like a funnel to feed their roots .