Is three a crowd?

So I fished an area that was big enough to allow three rods or so I thought. Since the new carp rod rule I have been using 2 rods but decided to load another one up and try three today. What a mess! The right rod went screaming and in seconds was into the middle rod. As I was fighting with this carp my only thought was how long is this going to take me to untangle?  About 20 feet from landing this bugger he powered his way far left and caught the left rod. Moving forward I think I will stick with two rods for now. 

Amen Steve . I'll be honest ...I really don't think 3 rods is a good thing . I'll use 2 rods at 90% of my spots . I have had tangles with 2 rods . So , what I do now is ,when I get a fish on , I hold that rod high and let the fish take off with main drag set at about 50% ....then immediately grab the other rod with back drag loose and put the tip down as low as I can to keep that line as close to bottom as possible . That allows the fighting fish to pass over the second line without getting tangled up . So far , so good ...BUT I have had the second one go off before netting the first one , so I let it run with the back drag on the bait runner engaged ....then ,after netting the first one , get it on the mat and grab the other rod asap ( and hope you still have line left on the spool ) ! 

Tyler has some experience with this ......   B)

11 hours ago, Steve_Guelph said:

So I fished an area that was big enough to allow three rods or so I thought. Since the new carp rod rule I have been using 2 rods but decided to load another one up and try three today. What a mess! The right rod went screaming and in seconds was into the middle rod. As I was fighting with this carp my only thought was how long is this going to take me to untangle?  About 20 feet from landing this bugger he powered his way far left and caught the left rod. Moving forward I think I will stick with two rods for now. 

I’ve done a lot of hours with 3 rods out and have only had one tangle. Probably because I was fishing pretty much on top of each other as that spot was producing like crazy. The odd time Ill have to go pass my rod over or under another line but that’s it. Keep your line 15-20’ apart and pay attention to where the fish is running. You can also try back leads to keep your lines on bottom.