Port D piers

14 minutes ago, knightfisher said:
Six new benches will be installed on the repaired piers in port, at a total cost of $42,000.00.
I'm guessing at that price, they are gold plated....

Well that's good......................Especially for old guys like me who can take a seat from time to time.......................🙂

I hope the benches that were placed nearest the south light house are replaced at the same spots . The one closest was Ian Baxter who I bought this house from ,,,,he & his bro  went to the same school as I . (Duck School )

Two benches down was Mrs.Quist 's bench .She was my neighbour ,  right beside the Baxters ....kind of ironic to see those 2 benches the same distance apart as their houses .

Some of those wooden benches were already refurbished and looked like new... some of the newer benches are now made from a composite material ...less maintenance.

Maybe I can afford to place a fold up chair there when I bite it !   B)

3 hours ago, Mbocco said:

I wonder if u will need to buy a pass to sit on the new benches. 

One person per bench  for 15 minutes max. or two from same family . Your parking pass card  should be enough to sit on the benches.