engine help needed

Chrisb

Any mechanics here?

My main engine died yesterday. Here the story.

Ran out to fish ,20 minutes, no issues. Trolled around on the kicker.

Time to come home cranked the main is started ran about 5 seconds stopped. Not unusual. I gave it bit of idle and cranked again. It just cranked and cranked, no start. I checked the kill switch. Turned it off and on couple times. Still no start

Made it back to the cottage on the kicker and started checking out the engine.

Pulled the plugs and had someone crank it. Spark all around.

Plugs looked wet.Flooded?

Drain carbs to look for water. All looks fine. Switched to the tank from the kicker anyway.

Since the boat is on the dolly up on shore and not on the trailer it is going to be difficult to get it to a mechanic. It would take an hour or more to drive it to the marina on the kicker. Are there mobile mechanics that will do house calls?

You’ve proven you have spark and you have compression, so the likley cause is fuel.

I would guess the carbs are clogged or the fuel pump is not delivering fuel to the bowls.

now, with a 3 cylinder engine you likely have 3 carbs so its unlikley they are all clogged at the same time.

sending fuel directly through the carb and confirming a quick run confirms that its a fuel issue.