Garbage Treasure

smerchly

I had many skunks this year but sometimes I come home with something else (besides ticks) .On my last outing I noticed a black rod sticking out at the top of the full garbage barrel... and about 30' of fishing line from the pail & down the trail ....The black rod was a telescopic rod holder like the ones I use for carp . The threaded brass fitting was bent as was the inner telescopic rod . I can fix that !! .. so I worked on it today . I easily straitened it out , cleaned it up and inserted a plastic rod inside the top part (photo) & sealed it with goop .That insert makes it much stronger & it will not bend . I cut off the bottom plastic piece that goes into the ground and inserted a nut and threaded screw and ground it to a point to make it  easier to  push into solid ground or sand .  Then I added pretty tape which helps remind me to take it out when done fishing . I now have 3 matching  tele. props which also hold the carp alarms .

One mans garbage is another mans treasure !     B)

a work of art .....

Teles.rod prop.jpg