Wow !

smerchly

I haven't seen this before !   Some run premium for their boats or vehicles , must cost a few bucks to fill up a big tank with high test gas  . My old 90 GMC van had a 100 lt. gas tank !  I don't know what the full size truck tanks are these days ....but  it will ding us good for those distant fishing trips . My mini van has a "small " 80 liter tank....kachinggga !!$$$$$$$$ 

Todays Gas Buddy prices for premium .....  argh  !!

gas  165.PNG

Very painful! The worse is filling up the Yukon and the boat together. My son just got his license and was in shock when we passed the $200 mark. Since we are all still buying gas, we are obviously not paying enough Carbon tax yet. The pain is just starting if we can't get stop the Liberals! Hopefully O'Toole can dig deep and pull out a win to stop the madness.

2 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

Take your kayak to work!

Trudeau says a canoe. He did say that one of the highest priorities of aboriginal youth is a place to store their canoe! 

24 minutes ago, мормышка said:

If you need that load for every day, then you either eat those costs or pass it on to your customers. Diesel?

Gas. 
I would pass on the costs but it’s not my business. I get paid a certain amount per sqft. 

When they add ethanol the mileage drops and probably some performance . So you have to burn more fuel  per mile ? Big vehicles are selling well . When a barrel of oil hits $100 we may see 2 bucks per liter . This causes all prices to go higher ,food included  . The governments get more from the taxes so it's a win win for them . Most people agree we need to SAVE THE PLANET" so we will pay the shot . 

Reg. gas at Port Dal. today was $1.40 . I haven't bought gas for over a month , still have 1/2 tank in my van.

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

When they add ethanol the mileage drops and probably some performance . So you have to burn more fuel  per mile ? Big vehicles are selling well . When a barrel of oil hits $100 we may see 2 bucks per liter . This causes all prices to go higher ,food included  . The governments get more from the taxes so it's a win win for them . Most people agree we need to SAVE THE PLANET" so we will pay the shot . 

Reg. gas at Port Dal. today was $1.40 . I haven't bought gas for over a month , still have 1/2 tank in my van.

Ever been to Smoking Joe's across the River? Cheap gas, but water was your filler (not good in cold winters).

2 hours ago, NiagaraRiverFisher said:

Danny's ESSO  corner of HWY 20 and HWY 58    87 octane with no ethanol .

Does Esso 87 have ethanol?

According to Dan McTeague, a noted petroleum analyst, Shell and Esso 91 are both ethanol free. All other grades from the companies have some ethanol content, but the mid-grade blend is pure gas, which means it not only corrodes less than ethanol blends, but is less likely to deteriorate when stored.Oct. 11, 2019

My mechanic , Ken Cosgrove  advised me to run high test Sunoco in my old van with a 350 cu in engine.(many moons ago ) !  You pay more but get better mileage and have a cleaner engine and  longer lasting cat.converter. ....and longer lasting engine . If this is true .....the government is making a killing selling gas with more and more ethanol as people buy new vehicles ....Schmart tinkin !    :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, smerchly said:

My mechanic , Ken Cosgrove  advised me to run high test Sunoco in my old van with a 350 cu in engine.(many moons ago ) !  You pay more but get better mileage and have a cleaner engine and  longer lasting cat.converter. ....and longer lasting engine . If this is true .....the government is making a killing selling gas with more and more ethanol as people buy new vehicles ....Schmart tinkin !    :rolleyes:

If your engine is knocking under load, yes, higher octane can help prevent predetonation damage (like head gasket). If you go up Brock Hill and you hear marbles bouncing in a coffee can, that is the knocking. That is damaging over time. Usually the car's computer pulls back the timing so to prevent this, so you'll never hear it, but car will be slower.

Octane rating is resistance to predetonation. That's all. Not a fix, but a band aid.

Which is why higher octane is REQUIRED/RECOMMENDED on high compression, turbo/supercharged engines. Read your owners manual.

1 hour ago, NiagaraRiverFisher said:

Couple interesting things in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPPkPAbzwbU

Interesting video but many questions remain . A highway performance test may reveal more more acceleration power with premium gas . 

10 hours ago, мормышка said:

Read your owners manual.

Most cars today recommend using reg. gas . I use it for both the 4 cyl. car & 6 cyl. van which are both old technology .  I would assume the more ethanol in gas the less mileage . As one quoted in the comments , change the oil when needed .  I have bought reg. 87 for all my vehicles , and small engines but add Sea Foam to my small engines .(  50 h.p. 4 stk.Merc , lawnmower , power washer , chain saw  ) and they all start well and run well year after year .

oam to the outboard 50 HP 4 stroke , lawnmower , chain saw , and power washer . They "seem" to start and run well year after year .  (Just bought a 3.8 lt. can of Sea Foam ..$90 )