Good News

smerchly

Reading my morning news in the Sun over coffee this a.m. , it was good to see they are upping the ante for the idiot stunt drivers . ...going from a 7 day licence suspension to 30 days and vehicle impoundment doubles to 14 days ....and under the "Moms Act"  after a conviction one could lose their licence from one to three years ....then your insurance doubles or more .  They still need to lower the threshold for stunt speeding ....doing 150 k  on the QEW  should be stunt driving !  

It's a start ......    B)

https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/stricter-regulations-on-stunt-driving-an-attempt-to-curb-idiots

That's true , but I think the allowance is still too high . Didn't they raise the speed on the QEW to 110 ?  So 40k over is 150k  (not stunting). Any sane driver knows he is going way over the limit and should be fined much more .  I believe we are seeing more accidents lately , including a lot of motor cycle drivers being killed....Time to get real tough on those drivers who think they are on the racetrack .  We are trying to get the speed limit dropped to 40k on our street ....saw kids waiting to cross the road yesterday ...a 5 minute wait to get a 10 sec opening .... Someone in Ontario glued a 50k sign over a 80k sign after pleas to lower the speed on their county road were ignored.  Illegal yes , but it got more attention ! 

They should have the same enforcement law type for stunt driving that the MNRF has for game/fish infractions!

For them, if you get charged, everything u used to commit the infraction is seized, and, if convicted, the equipment is sold at auction - you don’t get it back! And the MNRF has seized and sold everything up to ATVs, boats, and planes!

If a couple of these idiot drivers had their hot rods sold the rest of the idiots might get the message real quick!!

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2021 at 6:13 PM, мормышка said:

A lot of the crazy drivers seem to be older, men and women.

They know they haven't got much time left ......   I was driving behind a young lady today ,  she was doing 40 in a 60k zone . Must be the weed  !   :huh:

After returning home from Welland today I was welcomed to a nice surprise !  The city put 2 speed recorder signs , one on each side of my street close to our house . We can see the speed of each car from our windows . A dozen cars went passed before one was doing over 50 k . I think I can smell burning brake pads ......

Good to see the signs put the fear into them ....for now .

Give it time, part of the Niagara Regions plan to make the roads safer includes red light cameras and speed cameras which will turn the driving into even worse conditions since cameras only allow for a YES/NO and not based on conditions/safety.

2 hours ago, Snags said:

Give it time, part of the Niagara Regions plan to make the roads safer includes red light cameras and speed cameras which will turn the driving into even worse conditions since cameras only allow for a YES/NO and not based on conditions/safety.

The red light cameras cause some people to refrain from driving into the middle of the intersection to make a left turn waiting for the through traffic to clear ,so they may wait for a long time to make the turn .as traffic back ups behind them . It may help to have dash cams to fight a ticket .

I have noticed most cars are driving under 50 km down our street now. A light will flash at 51 km and drivers may think they may get a ticket which helps slow some down.  I think there should be some allowance for driving over the posted limit , up to 9 km ( 5mph ) . It's easy to gain more speed going down small hills & safer under slippery conditions. 

On 9/13/2021 at 11:31 AM, genec said:

They should have the same enforcement law type for stunt driving that the MNRF has for game/fish infractions!

For them, if you get charged, everything u used to commit the infraction is seized, and, if convicted, the equipment is sold at auction - you don’t get it back! And the MNRF has seized and sold everything up to ATVs, boats, and planes!

If a couple of these idiot drivers had their hot rods sold the rest of the idiots might get the message real quick!!

Now where abouts do I find these auctions?  I always love finding some deals on fishing gear lol…