Dam

smerchly

Got me some fresh lawn worms , headed to Port D. to drift some harnesses .....forgot my rods !! Damn !  :(  But , I had my minnow net to look for some fresh shiners but nothing but a few gobies . Not much action anywhere today , nobody at the dam . Surprised to see the Beer store open on vote day ...dropped in to say hello !    Drove past the voting place today , saw the big lineup ....kept on driving .

Will try fishing Port again soon ....looking for a cloudy cooler day , even a little rain rather than this warm sunny stuff.  

1 hour ago, knightfisher said:

Always have two rods and net in the suv. However doesn't help much if I don't have my tackle bag with me...that remains in the house after every outing.

I don't like to leave rods in the van as I believe the heat breaks down the fishing line , and  leaves thieves empty handed . 

47 minutes ago, deetch said:

Smerch have you recently caught anything using a worm harness at Port D?

I did manage to land a  nice 38mm goby  !  There are usually minnows about when I start catching fish there . I may give it another go tomorrow while the worms are still fresh . If no hits on the harness , maybe try a drop shot rig for perch , drum , etc.