Hows the fishing been ?

Fishguy85

4 hours ago, 905 Fisher said:

I'm mew to the forum, thanks for adding me. I've been successful fishing off the pier in Port Dalhousie using J-13, #4 Stingeye, Ko Wobnler glow spoon, and a Moonshine glow spoon. I'be been fishing early morning and late evening since mid September. Apparently lots of action and a few landed near the dam this a.m.

20211009_102417(1).jpg

20211009_094555(1).jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

Welcome to the forum.
Nice catches 905. 

Always nice to see a new poster , welcome to the site 905 . Nice catch of kings  , one of my fav. lures is the J-13 , mostly for pike and big eyes .  Carp were spotted on the lake side there  ....did you see carp any passing by or breaking the surface ?  

Too bad they dumped the big rocks there , it makes it harder to get the fish in the net .  

Thanks for posting the pics .

10 hours ago, smerchly said:

Always nice to see a new poster , welcome to the site 905 . Nice catch of kings  , one of my fav. lures is the J-13 , mostly for pike and big eyes .  I saw a couple of carp anglers there ....did you see carp any passing by ?  

Too bad they dumped the big rocks there , it makes it harder to get the fish in the net .  

Thanks for posting the pics .

Thanks! J-13has been hot for hooking onto a lot of salmon. Haven't seen any carp swim by, but I've seen lots of bass and a couple sheepheads. The rocks pose an inconvenience, salmon like to run in behind them  cut lines running against them.

12 minutes ago, 905 Fisher said:

Thanks! J-13has been hot for hooking onto a lot of salmon. Haven't seen any carp swim by, but I've seen lots of bass and a couple sheepheads. The rocks pose an inconvenience, salmon like to run in behind them  cut lines running against them.

I had the same problem with carp running line over rocks at some spots . I added  a 10' lead of 30#  mono. to my lines and haven't lost any rigs yet .  I have a few bright orange J-13 that were used back in the 80's for the spring salmon derbies .  ...nice action from those lures !  Some guys changed the trebles to siwash hooks . 

Beauty day to be fishing !  Water is still on the muddy side . I  tried a worm harness with  a yellow blade but no hits. I saw some minnows breaking the surface and gulls going nutzy , so put a drop shot on and used small pieces of worms ...constant bites ...gobies , small perch , one nice white  perch and a small bass . THEN , out of the blue I hooked something LARGER !!!  After a great battle( about 15 seconds) I reel in a NICE walleye !! I don't eat the large ones ,so I carefully released it . It took a 1" piece of worm !   

Tonight I rigged up my 7' ultra light rod  and will spend another day having fun with the "pannies" 

here she is ........    ☺️

port eye.jpg

The bite changes from day to day (they are getting fussy) !  Yesterday , there was minnows , today ...notta !  A few small perch , two keepers ,tossed back & the gobies are always biting !   I tied into another walleye today ..... might be the grandson of the biggy I caught yesterday !   

I have never caught eyes like these at Port Dal. this size , usually at least a pound or two +.. .  but it's good to see they are reproducing (somewhere)  . Another beautiful day to be out there !    Have they been stocking Port with walters ?

port picerel.PNG

2 hours ago, deetch said:

Where’s the picture of the “ nice” walleye Smerch? You are not talking about the fingerlings in the picture are you?

When it's the only one I caught ,  it's NICE !  The eaters seem to be avoiding me there this year . 
Hopefully , when I get some "nice" minnows , I'll have a "nicer" walleye to post .

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not responding lately had a great time last week went down the street to the customs dock that guy was down there  but my goal was fishing and enjoying the day with my father managed to get 8 nice perch threw some back into the water and gave a couple to a guy we knew. Still need to get myself a walleye only caught one in my entire life 😂 

12 hours ago, Fishguy85 said:

Sorry for not responding lately had a great time last week went down the street to the customs dock that guy was down there  but my goal was fishing and enjoying the day with my father managed to get 8 nice perch threw some back into the water and gave a couple to a guy we knew. Still need to get myself a walleye only caught one in my entire life 😂 

Good for you............................Sounds like you had a great day.......................

Fishing the past month has been great for chasing pannies. Lots of big perch, gills and crappie in the 12Mile and Welland systems. The bass had to keep after getting the hook caught in his gills.

DSCF0268.JPG