Jump to content

Time for fall pannies


bigugli
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/4/2021 at 8:33 PM, Bubba14 said:

Putting on a clinic! Will you take on a student??

 

I'd say sure. Only problem is I only know at the last minute if I have time to go out. Been so busy making tackle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bigugli said:

I'd say sure. Only problem is I only know at the last minute if I have time to go out. Been so busy making tackle.

Sounds like me Bruce, always a last minute decision. 
Dose anyone bleed their pan fish? I seen guys bleeding bigger fish(walleye,trout) but never pannies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 9:26 PM, Tyler0420 said:


Dose anyone bleed their pan fish? I seen guys bleeding bigger fish(walleye,trout) but never pannies. 

I don't bleed my perch but I put them in the fridge for at least a day before I clean them (usually because I'm too tired from my day of paddling). There is very little blood and I find them easier to clean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I try to bring them home alive , let them have their last swim together in the laundry tub for an hour or two , then a quick tap on the head with my bonker . After a quick prayer , they get treated to a Rapala filleting knife , skin removed , bathed in clean cold water  , patted dry on paper towels and off to a nice warm frying pan . Any blood in the flesh gets treated like a medium rare steak ....down the hatch !   :wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Cleithrum said:

Watch the transporting live fish bit. Licence to transport live fish | ontario.ca 

Thanks for the reminder ....I fish for perch in cold weather and keep them alive in my pail while fishing . If I only have a couple I'll release them . If I have enough for a meal I'll drain the water from the pail and bring them home .Most times they will revive in the cold water in the laundry tub , then they will be cleaned and meet the frying pan ....can't get any fresher than that ! While ice fishing perch I've seen them almost frozen  and come back "to life" in the tub .  Hopefully the mnr wouldn't have a problem with waterless fish in a 5 gal pail .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 4:25 PM, smerchly said:

Thanks for the reminder ....I fish for perch in cold weather and keep them alive in my pail while fishing . If I only have a couple I'll release them . If I have enough for a meal I'll drain the water from the pail and bring them home .Most times they will revive in the cold water in the laundry tub , then they will be cleaned and meet the frying pan ....can't get any fresher than that ! While ice fishing perch I've seen them almost frozen  and come back "to life" in the tub .  Hopefully the mnr wouldn't have a problem with waterless fish in a 5 gal pail .

Hey that's pretty cool.  Amazing they can bounce back like that.  I think they'd only take issue if you're transporting them back in water and it looks like you're trying to keep them alive.   Good work nice system

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...