Staring Early ?

smerchly

This past week or so , I have received 3 "packages" in the mail containing Christmas cards as well as other little gifts like cotton gloves . They ask for a donation for their cause , like heart & stroke , cancer , etc. to defer the costs of the gifts . They were all sent back  "R 2 S "  . They must think we have lots of extra cash after not spending during the "shutdown." 

Today , I received a very nice calendar from the Ont. Fed.of Anglers & Hunters and will send them $20 since it is part of my activities that I enjoy . We can't support them all !  The government seems to have big bucks to spend lately ..... cough up more dough to help these other causes too . 

...a couple shots ...the  OFAH calendar pic.for March (my birth month ) ,  and my artistry on 5 gal pails I use for minnows , ice fishing , etc.....no white bucket brigade for me !   :rolleyes:

2022 calendar.PNG

buckets.PNG

On 10/22/2021 at 12:04 AM, Tyler0420 said:

Nice buckets smerch. Hopefully you won’t be needing them for ice fishing for awhile. 

Hoping to fill one with minnows very soon !    I got my winters minnows about this time last year .

I hope to get on the ice when this guy shows up ......:santa:

On 10/22/2021 at 10:05 AM, smerchly said:

Hoping to fill one with minnows very soon !    I got my winters minnows about this time last year .

I hope to get on the ice when this guy shows up ......:santa:

Checking my past files and found this ....  Ice fishing at Rennie P.  Dec. 28 , 2004  . 

Where have all the crappies gone ?   

Rennie Ice fish.PNG

49 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Checking my past files and found this ....  Ice fishing at Rennie P.  Dec. 28 , 2004  . 

Where have all the crappies gone ?   

Rennie Ice fish.PNG

Damn smerch nice meal. 
You out fishing today? It’s a beauty out. 

Yes, beauty day , working in the yard fencing off a dug up area to keep the dog from getting muddy feet ....pretty damn sloppy out there , and I suppose the run off has muddied up the water in spots. I'll check Port D. tomorrow again for minnows and fish too .

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2021 at 2:33 PM, smerchly said:

Yes, beauty day , working in the yard fencing off a dug up area to keep the dog from getting muddy feet ....pretty damn sloppy out there , and I suppose the run off has muddied up the water in spots. I'll check Port D. tomorrow again for minnows and fish too .

Well ,here it is a month later, Nov.27 , and no  minnows yet . We had a good amount of snow last Dec. 1 but it's supposed to be milder the first 3 days of Dec. this year . Some snow on the way tomorrow but light I hear . I checked my pic. files & I did get some minnows Nov.27 last year ...think I'll try Port one last time tomorrow ....if no luck I'll toss a few trout rigs (no roe) but can use pink worms , plastic minnows & flies, etc.