land border opening

loomis

I was excited to hear about this as well. I went across to the U.S every single week for gas, beer, and groceries that we cant get in Canada. Sickens me to pay 50$ for a case for beer when same thing is $15 in the states. Again Canada sticking it to us by making every.person in car get a test prior to returning to Canada . 

49 minutes ago, Darryl L said:

I was excited to hear about this as well. I went across to the U.S every single week for gas, beer, and groceries that we cant get in Canada. Sickens me to pay 50$ for a case for beer when same thing is $15 in the states. Again Canada sticking it to us by making every.person in car get a test prior to returning to Canada . 

Would a positive c19 even register on their "test" results after only a couple hours of being in a "foreign" country ?  We know 2 elderly people who returned from Florida who had to pay $125 each for the test , and they were jabbed in Florida .....but they now know fully jabbed can carry and transmit the c19 . We are still in our own private lock down as far as getting into any crowds .  

Got my case of Rickard's  Red at Port yesterday  $42  ....good till Xmas !    

16 minutes ago, Tony said:

If you are a Canadian citizen you have a right to enter Canada, so they can't deny you entry...................I don't know how they could enforce any testing..............

They cant deny your right to enter the country but they have Niagara Regional Police officers at every bridge. If you return into the county without a valid test EACH person is issued a 5-6k ticket. They have been doing this for months now

People are actually getting PCR tests in Canada then going to the US for day trips, etc and coming home using that PCR test from Canada.  Shows how ridiculous it is to require a test in the first place. 

You can get a free PCR test in Canada if u answer the questions strategically. 

Anyone know if we can fish by boat on the US side once it's been opened?  I know last year they were patrolling and you couldn't fish the US by boat.  Seems a little crazy but with all these rules changing everyday don't know if we'll ever be back to normal.

My wife and i just got back from 2 weeks in myrtle beach.

we had to get tested to return.

My wife did alot of research and found out that a free NAA test offered at walgreens was enough to get back in.

we took the test, gave our address of the local hotel and they emailed the results within 3 hours and we were good to go.

i don’t know if a similar test is available in ny.

You can get a $40 NAAT test at any Walgreens or CS pharmacy, even right through the drive through window. Results in 3 hours, good for 72 hours. Not worth it just to save $20 on a box of suds, but if you're there for a couple of days to fish then it is.

On 11/2/2021 at 1:49 PM, Tony said:

If you are a Canadian citizen you have a right to enter Canada, so they can't deny you entry...................I don't know how they could enforce any testing..............

They aren't enforcing any right to enter.  They're enforcing fines and 14 day quarantines.  Two separate things.  You'll enter, just with some added problems.

5 hours ago, kevin said:

They aren't enforcing any right to enter.  They're enforcing fines and 14 day quarantines.  Two separate things.  You'll enter, just with some added problems.

Apparently at this time, it's a $6,200. fine if you don't have the pcr test...............But Canadian citizens, permanent residents and those with Indian status do have a right to enter Canada.......................

35 minutes ago, Tony said:

Apparently at this time, it's a $6,200. fine if you don't have the pcr test...............But Canadian citizens, permanent residents and those with Indian status do have a right to enter Canada.......................

Yes that's correct. $6000 fine for EACH person trying to cross back into Canada. Plus Police officers at every bridge en forcing this and handing out the tickets 

Biggest federal scam ever!! You do a pcr test at home, go to US and use that same test results to come home? Duh...i guess once your tested negative here that theres no way you could be infected over there. This Gov is the most incompetant ever!! 99% the Gov is collecting kickbacks off these pcr tests, hence encouraging you to get tested at home before you go. Insane! 

Uninterrupted travel outside Canadian waters

If you leave and re-enter Canadian waters without interruption, you  do not have to:

• no report to the CBSA
  • follow mandatory quarantine requirements
  • use ArriveCAN

This includes leisure and touring, including pleasure fishing, sightseeing and other discretionary purposes (known as loop movements)

Whether this applies to current covid protocol (PCR or NATT tests) is open to interpretation. Without interruption, as I understand it, means one cannot moor, anchor or tie up to another water craft while in American waters.