What was your favorite fishing day of the year?

Tyler0420

Anyone have any good outings  this season?

id have to say mine was a carp outing during a “challenge series “ Canadian carp society put on. I was up against a great Niagara angler (John from angler files). Had an absolute epic day. Close to 20 fish most 18lbs+. Broke my pb 3 times that day and ended up wining by 30+lbs46706B9F-96F3-4E91-8DC0-45B608CF498D.jpeg

got my PB there as well Tyler , so I will say that was my best day fishing this year  .

....was going carping today but the snow changed my mind  , looking to Sunday , may see 50*F .

....still time this year to change my best day  :Gonefishing:

This was the best fishing year of my life in Canada. I could not enjoy Florida, which is my passion, but I’ve never caught so many species on only artificial in one single year, in many different ways. 

-drum

-smallie

-largie

-pike

-musky

-lake trout

-steelhead trout

-brown trout

-chinook salmon

-coho salmon

Absent from the list is walleye which I never targeted. 

If you add Jamaica to the list, I can include Barracuda and Jack Trevalle. 

So glad I rediscovered fishing. 

3 hours ago, Mbocco said:

This was the best fishing year of my life in Canada. I could not enjoy Florida, which is my passion, but I’ve never caught so many species on only artificial in one single year, in many different ways. 

-drum

-smallie

-largie

-pike

-musky

-lake trout

-steelhead trout

-brown trout

-chinook salmon

-coho salmon

Absent from the list is walleye which I never targeted. 

If you add Jamaica to the list, I can include Barracuda and Jack Trevalle. 

So glad I rediscovered fishing. 

Looking forward to kayak spring fishing

I didn't get out anywhere near often enough but the best day had to be Family Day weekend ice fishing with my wife, daughters and sons-in-law on the canal. We saw an eagle while we were setting up, the sun shone all day and we caught enough for a good dinner. Good times 

Unfortunately, I never had any good fishing days last year. 😞
Had to get rid of my Legend because it became a money pit, and the tin pot we inherited from my cousin was too small to get out for walleye - just did some Pt. Abino bass with it, but that wasn’t very productive for us this year.

I was lucky enough to have a great fishing year this year with multiple personal best catches and a ton of time on the water. The best day for me was finally jumping in a small boat and making my way across the lake after a 12 hr drive and an hour and a half train ride knowing I was in some world class fishing water. Just the feeling of being there and the anticipation was just awesome!!

27 minutes ago, Radio said:

after a 12 hr drive and an hour and a half train ride

That sounds like our trip we did a few times , driving to Cochrane and taking the Polar Bear Express to Moose River Crossing . The walleye fishing was spectacular !

1 hour ago, Radio said:

That sounds amazing smerchly! This one was to whiteriver and then train in to lake enagi... walleye fish was also ridiculous!

I spent the night in a White River motel as I went to the OPP station there to arrange for a chopper rescue for one of our guys who broke his ankle while he and I were taking a moose quarter down a "slippery" slope . They had wall to wall maps there and I pinpointed our camp location at Upper Mace Lake .

That lake was full of beauty splake with awesome speck colours .... wouldn't it be great to have good speck fishing here ! 

34 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I spent the night in a White River motel as I went to the OPP station there to arrange for a chopper rescue for one of our guys who broke his ankle while he and I were taking a moose quarter down a "slippery" slope . They had wall to wall maps there and I pinpointed our camp location at Upper Mace Lake .

That lake was full of beauty splake with awesome speck colours .... wouldn't it be great to have good speck fishing here ! 

Sounds like you've had an adventure or two there eh Smerchly! Haaa! Good speck fishing here would be amazing, I agree! Been looking a nipigon lately just for laughs. That would be a serious bucket list trip for sure!

Has to be my trip up to Huntsville with my GF and cousin. Stayed at a little cabin on a almost private lake (maybe one or two cottages on it) and caught loads of smallies.

As far as in Niagara goes, I fished the 12 mile for the first time this year with a buddy. Brutal hike in but I had lots of bass action.

Overall nothing special, but I only started fishing seriously last august so it was a good year of learning techniques…