It worked

Dan Andrews

Well I noticed at our little MNR meeting that a Mayoral hopeful and a ward candidate (incumbant) were present. That was Friday night. On Monday night at the Fort Erie town hall, council approved a motion to send a letter to the Government expressing concerns about the lack of staff availabitlity. Another ward incumbant was at my door this afternoon explaining how not only is there only 1 C.O. where there used to be 4 but when they need the MNR to come to inspect a property etc. no one is available to come to town. Yes even the Municiple Government has noticed how useless the MNR has become.

The moral of the story is speaking up is not useless. Please express your concerns to all your Governments. Municipalities are in the middle of elections right now. Use this to your advantage or wait another 4 years. Now how about someone other than Rob Mac go to city hall in St Kitts and tell them about this Government shortfall and what it will mean for tourism, environment and the fishery. How about Welland? Port C is on it but how about Grimsby?

Dan Andrews

way to go man :lol::) it has to start some where..and like it was pointed out at the meeting....we need to voice ourselves as avid outdoor enthusiasts who value and are concerned about our rescources...to get heard...if we don't speak up..they don't even know we exsist

Tonight I talked to the councelor who brought forth the motion. She said they are going to send a recomendation to all the surrounding Municpalities to also send letters of concern. Thank You Anne Marie for your help. :blink:

Guest bigfish1965

Well done Dan.

First thing I said to Dan after the meeting was...'It worked'. You really could see the lightbulbs going off over some peoples heads.

I would love to get info about what and when Fort Erie sends to Pelham so I can get on my local council. They are very helpful right before an election, I noticed.

Trust me when I say this is the start of something new and something big.

:D Saying it worked is great BUT we all now have to do our part and keep this going.Each one of us has to send an E-mail to Ramsey's office and to your local MPP to voice you concerns about this issue.If this is NOT kept at the top of their list it will slowly fade away and all of Dan's and My work will be for nothing.And yes Dan you did a great job keeping this meeting going in the right direction :blink::) Now if we can all keep Dan aboard and give him some support to continue on it will be for the best for all of our resources future. Thank you Rick for setting up this forum to post all these concerns with this isue,and to you also Dan for being the mod for this forum. Remember this is OUR RESOURCES STAND-UP FOR WHAT IS OURS. Catfish

Archived