OFAH at the G&F Monday

Dan Andrews

7:30 Pm at the clubhouse on Lighthouse Rd.

St Catharines Game and Fish Association will be hosting a guest speaker(s) from the OFAH:

OFAH Coming to November Meeting

R.J. Degroot, OFAH Membership, Jeremy Holden, Community Conservation Field Biologist and Keith Beecroft, Youth Services Rep. Keith will be talking about Youth programs, WOW (Women's Outdoor Weekend) and takle share. R.J. will be discussing membership options for the club and Jeremy will be discussing a broad spectrum of what the OFAH does.

Follow the link below for the G&F webpage where you can find directions and information about the club. I'm looking forward to meeting some board members and hope you consider joining or supporting the club. :blush:

Dan

obj27geo27pg1p28.jpg

Welcome to the club Nittro :Gonefishing:

nittro.jpg

Well it seems NFN still had a hangover from the swill but some new guys did find the time and picked up a membership for the new year. This will pay off right away as on the 4th of January members who are paid up for 07 will get into Joe Montgomery's Ice Fishing Seminar for half price.

The motion was raised

The motion past

The SCGFA will be an affiliate club of the OFAH as soon as the paperwork is signed, sealed and delivered.

By the time Joe's seminar rolls around, you'll be able to purchase an OFAH membership at the clubhouse for $15 off the regular price. Another small step in the right direction for the G&F :lol:

The $50 dollar gas donation we gave the OFAH was returned as a gift and we decided to use it to buy a membership for the club. There will now be alot of exciting news to follow and you can bet there wil be some new programs added to our regular monthly meetings, derbies and kids day. Get ready hunters for some stuff for you too.

I had a few guys PM me to tell me if the OFAH gets back into the G&F, they'd rejoin. Well I think we better call the CAW hall because by the end of the year 07 we're going to need it. Thank you to you guys who came and made R.J Degroot and Jeremy Holden at home and welcomed them to our club.

Guest bigfish1965

Good move on the part of the club. It appears the only objection was that in the past a few members had paid for but never received their OFAH membership. Turns out that was an internal error with the SCGFA and not an OFAH issue at all.

You will be able to buy both your OFAH and SCGFA membership for $50 if you purchase both through the SCGFA.

IF 80% of the SCGFA members also buy an OFAH membership, the OFAH will foot the bill for the clubs annual liability insurance premiums. Big savings for the club there!

Tommy they'll never overstep their bounds. All the hatchery and stocking they've taken over so far was being discarded by the MNR and would be gone had the OFAH not steped in on time to take over. Reopening a closed hatchery will never happen so it's important to step in while you can pending funding, sponsorship and volunteers.

I tried for quite some time to get a hatchery tour when it was MNR with no succes. We were told last night if we'd like to show up on a work day to call Glen Anderson of the Metro East Anglers and we'd get the hands on experience or we could arrange a large tour. Sounds like an NFN special event waiting to happen :Gonefishing:

Bigfish 80-99% gets you a huge discount on insurance. 100% gets it for free.

Archived