Wild Mushroom hunting

Gil

Hi all,

I know it's the wrong time of year, but before you know it spring will be here! Anybody in this area forage for wild mushrooms? I have been learning about them and have had limited success! Would like to get together with like minded people in the niagara area and learn a few things! I have found lots of puffballs, morels and oyster mushrooms in the area and want more!(YUMMY!) anybody interested!

Gil

Yes!

Actually this is one of my biggest ambitions in life right now. Sustainability. I would like to get some kids involved in learning how to naturally survive in the wild on things like mushroom and edible plants and berries. Give me a call Gil

PM coming

Dan

Guest canadadude

I pick wild mushroom in the fall, kinda of ukranian tradition passed down to me, the very dry fall and summer this past year however left me pretty much empty handed!! I have been out for morels in the spring but not locally would be very interested in getting together for a mushroom hunt with anyone interested :worthy::worthy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest canadadude
Better get a dental check on that thing Chills.........it looks like an old buddy of mine........

skully.JPG

:lol::P:( .....I was thinking the same thing.......thats what I look like after magic mushrooms :o:);)

hey gil ... we have a few good spots to find wild mushrooms

asparagus fiddleheads, and they also just happen to start around

the same time as trout opener :blush: and it just so happens that this

spot runs right through a field with an under ground spring thats

full of nice species. makes for a great meal ! we will keep you in

mind when its starting :P

Guest canadadude
hey gil ... we have a few good spots to find wild mushrooms

asparagus fiddleheads, and they also just happen to start around

the same time as trout opener :P and it just so happens that this

spot runs right through a field with an under ground spring thats

full of nice species. makes for a great meal ! we will keep you in

mind when its starting :lol:

Hey Joe I used to get fiddleheads on trout opener.....aswell as walleye opener on the Otanabee river at rice lake, I would love to get into a spring mushroom hunt,.......I do have a few good bushes for fall mushroom I could share with you, but I would love to get into a spring hunt with you guys if your interested :blush: ......I"ll definitly PM you guys in the spring and we'll go from there kids :P:P

Guest canadadude

The mention of fiddle heads brings me back to the walleye opener on the Otanabee river, get our 6 walleye each in the earlly morning then grab fiddle heads in the afternoon!!! Nothing sweeter then walleye fillets and steamed fiddel heads for dinner dudes, man that brings back sweet memories :rolleyes::P

I like to take a tomato , dice it & put in the fying pan with a little oil , add chopped green/red peppers/onions and mushrooms . It makes a great side dish to any meal & if you want to add a hot pepper , be my guest ! Just the smell of it cooking makes me drool ....... :rolleyes:

Now add a nice piece of venison , some fiddle heads & taters.......Mmmmmmm , drool some more !!!! Don't forget the pinot noir ! :P Life is good at the ole cottage !!!

Guest canadadude
I like to take a tomato , dice it & put in the fying pan with a little oil , add chopped green/red peppers/onions and mushrooms . It makes a great side dish to any meal & if you want to add a hot pepper , be my guest ! Just the smell of it cooking makes me drool ....... :worthy:

Now add a nice piece of venison , some fiddle heads & taters.......Mmmmmmm , drool some more !!!! Don't forget the pinot noir ! :lol: Life is good at the ole cottage !!!

Add fresh caught walleye filllets Bill :rolleyes::P ........yummmmmmmmmmmmy, all you dudes got me hungry now!!!!!

I like to take a tomato , dice it & put in the fying pan with a little oil , add chopped green/red peppers/onions and mushrooms . It makes a great side dish to any meal & if you want to add a hot pepper , be my guest ! Just the smell of it cooking makes me drool ....... :rolleyes:

Now add a nice piece of venison , some fiddle heads & taters.......Mmmmmmm , drool some more !!!! Don't forget the pinot noir ! :blink: Life is good at the ole cottage !!!

I hear ya Bill.life is pretty rough like that at my trailer too...thanks for making me hungry guys...maybe we should head up to my camp just for a good cookout :Gonefishing: , might be able to coax a couple walleye into the pan as well :blink:

Hi all,

There are a ton of great mushroom sites on the internet fot those who want to learn more about it!

My fave is THE GREAT MOREL. Great site with all kinds of info!

Check it out!

Gil

Hi all,

I know it's the wrong time of year, but before you know it spring will be here! Anybody in this area forage for wild mushrooms? I have been learning about them and have had limited success! Would like to get together with like minded people in the niagara area and learn a few things! I have found lots of puffballs, morels and oyster mushrooms in the area and want more!(YUMMY!) anybody interested!

Gil

Plenty of wild leeks in the area but very few fiddleheads! Hopefully we'll all get together in the spring and plan some outings!

Yum Yum!

gil

• 11 years later...