Lake Gibson - Poaching Report (Unofficial)

cdnfishguy11

I know this is a little late to post since bass is now open but I was talking to a fish and wildlife officer who said that a CO was out a week or two before bass opened. They said that he issued a ton of fines for fishing for bass OOS (pretty sure it was at Port D). Apparently most of them tried to argue that they were fishing for other species but to no avail. Good to hear that although there aren't a ton of CO's out there, they are out there doing the best they can. A big thanks to all of those who call in the tips and for the CO's that are out there doing their jobs.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some bass to catch :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the one c.o that i did see, said that he wasnt looking for people catching oos bass, he was looking for guys keeping them.and on

the sign side of this, why dont we just post regulation at places like walmart and canadian tire tackle areas, along with tackle shops.. im sure there would be no problem there. like eye level with the tackle,

I know this is a little late to post since bass is now open but I was talking to a fish and wildlife officer who said that a CO was out a week or two before bass opened. They said that he issued a ton of fines for fishing for bass OOS (pretty sure it was at Port D). Apparently most of them tried to argue that they were fishing for other species but to no avail. Good to hear that although there aren't a ton of CO's out there, they are out there doing the best they can. A big thanks to all of those who call in the tips and for the CO's that are out there doing their jobs.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some bass to catch :)

I agree with this but on the other hand I have always wondered how they can fine a person who could be using the same baits for bass to catch pike and still get fined? For example spinner baits and buzz baits.

I could see if they caught the guys targeting the bass.

Sooner - I agree that certain baits can be used for more than one species and I am not sure how the CO makes that determination.

the one c.o that i did see, said that he wasnt looking for people catching oos bass, he was looking for guys keeping them.and on

the sign side of this, why dont we just post regulation at places like walmart and canadian tire tackle areas, along with tackle shops.. im sure there would be no problem there. like eye level with the tackle,

I've thought of that myself, Another thing is people who are selling licences' need to know the regs as well, I was at CT once and a guy was getting a licence, and the lady behind the counter offered him a reg book, he was dumb founded and asked what he could catch the lady had no idea as well. They should have a copy of reg book in the fishing isles at least to. If i were to make some bumper stickers that said something like "goin fishin, read the regs" or sumthing along those lines would anyone purchase them??

I fish The Grand. I've fished the Niagara. I've fished Nippissing. I've fished Temagami. I've fished lakes in the north I dont even know the names of. I've fished Erie. I've fished Lake St Clair. I've fished countless small lakes. I fish streams all throughout my area.

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN, OR MET A C.O.!

I wish i could make that up, but its true.

The ONLY solution to all these problems, is MORE C.O.'S!

Archived