Niagara Region Ontario Bass Federation Nation Junior Program

geotech

After some recent discussions with local area clubs, it has been decide to investigate further into a Ontario BASS Federation Nation Junior program in the Niagara Region. This program would involve youth anglers in two age groups 11-14 and 15-18, that would compete in competitive bass fishing against in their respective age groups.

In order to start a program a minimum of 6 junior members would need to register for the program.

Senior members from the local area clubs would mentor juniors on the water, as they compete in a few yearly local events. A BASS membership and a club membership would be required to participate. BASS memberships are $27.95US/year and include a magazine subscription. Club memberships would be $50.00CDN.

Tournament entry fees would be $50.00 per angler, per event which would go to the Senior member for boat and towing costs.

The goal is to educate juniors on how catch and release bass tournaments are conducted and the top ranked anglers from the Niagara Region would then compete at the Ontario level for a chance to make Team Ontario and to participate at the BASS Divisional level with the Senior team.

If you are interested in more information please contact, membership@ontariobass.com.

Thank you

Rob Campbell -Hamilton Bassmasters OBFN Membership Chair

Gerard Ling - St. Catharines Bassmasters

I'm 16, you can count me in. Was going to join the club in Buffalo, this is even better! Also got 2 freinds that would join for sure! Message me all details please!

Hi Pauly,

I will look into the age, I know that the age limit is set by BASS, and to keep to there format we should follow it. However there may be a date that they need to be in the age limit. I will look into this.

This is a awesome opportunity for you younger anglers out there......great to see stuff like this exists. Thanks for sharing that Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the e-mails so far, I have not forgotten about you, I am just wanting to see if we can get 6 Junior angler that are interested before preparing and sending out response to everyone. So far we have 2 confirmed.

Please pass this information along to anyone that maybe interested in joining.

Thank you

Archived