Bass Opener Brant County June 23 2012

Bassmaster

Howdy all, I hope everyone had a decent opener whether you were shorebound or out on the lake :D

Well Packrat Ollie and I went to our usual spot for the opener ( ok well one of 3 we go to) The cool northwest winds were welcome after the sauna we had this week.

Bait used was salties, leeches, worms and live minnows.

Initially things were kinda slow.. I got a half pound smallie off the bat on a saltie and that was it or so it seemed. Wasn't long before Ollie landed what would be the biggest smallie of the day. Packrat got the 2nd biggest one. Then the two of them showed me how it was done.. :bb2:

I think after an hour of not even getting a rock bass that's when I changed tactics. From another board I had heard about using floating jigs and this angler had done quite well with it. So I bought a package to try em out. Anyway tied it on put a minnow on and added 2 very tiny splitshot to keep it just below the surface of the water.

Cast er out... started to bring it and WHAM! Hello Mr smallie :D I soon got another one right after that. According to the back of the package these jigs are meant to be used in slop and over rocks and snags etc. Sure made a believer out of me. Mind you I still lost 2 of them because the fish I had on headed right for the rocks.

Oh ya we saw an Osprey flying overhead too!

Here are my two :)

100_0278.jpg

Way to go guys ! I am glad to see Dad & Ollie are still razzing the fish up your way . Watch your elders , they are the experts .............. :bravo:

Nice Job! Can't wait to get out there myself. I've been locked away at work. Save some for the me!!!!

"always" something to highlite the day out.

At one "point" two ladies show up and setup besides BM. First cast one of them catches a fish, does it again and again---meanwhile the bite has gone off where we were. One lady still getting fish after fish----then the light goes on and mystery solved.

See this one in particular was rather well developed and was wearing a tank top and the fishies must have been passing the word around "ya gotta come see this" and left us all alone :crazy:

OK ....now tell the real reason you didnt catch Mr Bass gordo ??? or did you bring home a BIG bucket of crabs ROFL~

jeez ole timer ya seen one boob youve seen em all :roflblack: :roflblack:

maybe so but they were a wonder to behold :roflblack: :roflblack:

Archived