Late Bass Opener Report - From Rice Lake

Diltsy

Well, I know its a few days late... but I have been busy! Get off my back!! lol. Anyway, my parents bought a trailer on rice lake last year but I didn't really get a chance to get out on the lake and discover. I decided my first day out there would be bass opener. This lake is a lot different then I am used to, so I have been incredibly excited to learn to fish it! I have been plotting out spots to try all winter, but once I got out on the water I decided to play it safe and fish the bank with soft plastics, the way I'm used to. I caught a ton of fish, mostly all small with a couple bigger mixed in. I decided to head in for some lunch.

The second part of the day I decided to try some of those spots I plotted out. The first few didn't end up being as good as they appeared and I didn't spend much time on them. The last one I checked I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice healthy weed line. It only took a few cast before I hooked into a solid fish! I quickly let him go and marked the spot on my gps. I cast right back in and hook into a slightly smaller one. I had to put a new bait on and by the time I get back up to the bow I have drifted quite a ways from the spot. I went to hit to trolling motor but she was just about out of juice. I used the big motor to drive back up to the spot and my trolling motor had just enough power to get me two more solid fish. As I drifted down the weed line, I kept casting. I couldn't get another fish to bite! They were all concentrated in this small area, maybe 10 feet around.

Needless to say, I am very much in love with this lake! I can't wait to get out again. Here's a few pics and a video (sorry about the bad quality) of a few of the catches!

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQno8NDJ7eA[/media]

Archived