Favourite Bass Spots In St Catharines?

nightendday

I've been hitting up the 12, in the pond near the train bridge, near the rapids, at the block... Can't see to get any bass interest. Been using frogs, hulas, torpedos, jitterbugs. rapalas of all shapes and sizes. Where are your favourite bass spots?

Here is my tackle currently. I have a few spinnerbaits around here too...

fishin1.jpg

fishinggear.jpg

Well if none of that is working try live bait.. I guarantee you will probably get a bass :Gonefishing: The only lure I've ever used for smallies is a Shad Rap.. but I save that for deep waters from a pier. Ok I lied lol.. I've also caught smallies on a floating silver rapala while casting in the rapids at night just before it gets really dark.

Also with this hot weather they will be more active early in the morning or between 6 and 9pm.

Try off the pier at Port Dalhousie there are always a few hanging around, although with it being Canada Day weekend the place will be a zoo and you will be politely asked to leave so they can set up the fireworks display.

I learned that the hardway a couple of years ago :wall:

Hit the west pier at Port D about 50-60' from the end on the lake side. Cast as far as you can parallel to the shore. There is a beauty grass bed about 60 or so feet out. I like to hit it just before sun down using long soft plastics with a sliding bullet sinker. (Texas rigged) Work it slow they tend to take it on the drop.

Archived