Erie Bass Fishing Advice

cplummer

If your looking to get a crap load of bass on Erie here is my way of catching a ton and having fun doing it..

I use tubes from topnotch tackle in a variety of colours and found the crawfish and purple sparkle ones worked wonders for me with 1/2 oz lead ..

Launch off crystal beach and head straight out untill you hit 17-25 fow..

Use your elects to control that drift or use a drift sock to keep your drift at 0.4 mph.

Use the drop shot method or my favorite method is to find the bottom using just the tube and lead then bring it up off bottom 1 foot and keep that speed correct... You will get alot of smaller bass by fishing 12-16 fow and if you want the big bass go deeper (25 fow)

There are many humps out there that come up to 12fow and fish the drop offs of those humps.. They are always holding in those areas and this will save you alot of guessing.. set that hook HARD with the slightest hit or pressure

Give it a try and please posts those pictures..

Thanks, is that what the guys were catching last weekend out from the launch? We saw a bunch of fish on the display, but of course it doesn't show what kind they are. We may have been a bit deeper?

Archived