Niagara On The Lake

Jason15

Sorry to keep this up, but are talking about the paths on course that lead to the old fort etc., or the old dirt path that runs along the shore by the rock wall below the course, can't figure why anyone would be there. Tried down near the marina tonight, one fellow had a small bass, I caught someones lost lure. Didn't fight worth a damn.

The pathway that runs from the parking lot down to the golf course.

" Land owned right to the water" ......".Specialized License" .......This is the kind of B.S. that has been going on for years . As a long time resident of Niagara , I have seen dozens of spots become "special" and are now only "memory" fishing spots . I know a few good spots to fish at N.O.T.L. but they are off limits to average Joe Blow now. It seems to me we deserve to lose these spots & more to come because we don't fight to keep them . It also seems we fishermen have morphed into "special" groups where they are only concerned with their style of fishing and the others can fight for their own cause . I liked fishing some places at the lower river from shore , catching lots of perch & bass & the odd pike , all on minnows . I hope we will not have to buy a special license to fish special places in St.Kitts in the future days ahead .........

Ya it seems strange to need an extra liscence just to fish in a river. Hope this doesnt happen locally.

Its stupid, I've seen a sign wear I have fished the last couple of times out but even though I'm a resident I will be damned if I'm going to run out to the town offices to get a license. The town is for tourists only don't want people with fishing rods to get in their way.

• 9 years later...

Hello... is there a fishing club here in NOTL for older guys? What is fishing like off of Navy Dock? Just a loving wife wanting to help her man out. What is it about these older Dutch guys who love to fish? Any and all suggestions welcome because; otherwise, I'm going to have to learn to fish. I doesn't matter if he catches anything because I don't clean fish either. 

It's all about the journey; not the destination but if you can suggest a cheap and cheerful charter into the lake or other ideas that the family can participate in, that would be great.

Anyway, just fishing for information, thanks for your time,

from the wife.

One of my best friends , a Dutchman who passed away recently was a great angler .and was well known at Port Dalhousie for his fishing skills and his great personality . We fished together many times since we were teenagers . I'm now 79 and still fishing !  Catching fish is only a small part of it . We enjoy the things nature has to offer us as we sit on the bank watching the water birds , raptors , song birds ,and yes frogs and snakes too ! The fresh air ,and sunshine seems to 'revitalize' our inner selves , and that may help keep 'the wife' happy too ..

You can get lots more info right here on Niagara Fishing  where we have many anglers who target different species of fish at many locations in Niagara .

Good on you for helping hubby find more enjoyment in life !  

BTW , I like your humour .....I worked with an older Dutch gent , and one day in the locker room he turned to me and said , "  If you ain't Dutch ...you ain't much ! "  Old John was a delight to work with ..... 

I'm sorry to hear that Smerchly.I know who you are talking about he was the brother of my old supervisor from GM.Peter did share some of his secrets with me before his passing.Port really isn't my thing but I had hoped to see him this year...He was a pleasure to talk to..