Jigging For Bass

Spoopity

Ill be sure to try that out. I have a few of those spinnners I just never use them lol. Thanks for the help. I have a few things to try out now, wacky with senkos, spinner with plastics and different offset hook because the spacing on mine aren't very big. Thanks for the help everyone!

Ill update on my next time out

I have had a blast fishing for smallies jigging tubes from a boat , bouncing on bottom and slowly lifting the tube a few feet . Many times the bass will pick it up right off the bottom . When fishing currents with tubes I like to go weightless & rig the tube on a 3 way . I have fished the river using a drop shot with live bait & we had a ball catching some nice bass . BTW .....while bicycling the Port D.east & west piers 2 days ago (not fishing) , I saw a few anglers who fish there frequently , using live crayfish . Is there a legal way to do this at Port ? I know several places to catch crayfish locally.........

I have had a blast fishing for smallies jigging tubes from a boat , bouncing on bottom and slowly lifting the tube a few feet . Many times the bass will pick it up right off the bottom . When fishing currents with tubes I like to go weightless & rig the tube on a 3 way . I have fished the river using a drop shot with live bait & we had a ball catching some nice bass . BTW .....while bicycling the Port D.east & west piers 2 days ago (not fishing) , I saw a few anglers who fish there frequently , using live crayfish . Is there a legal way to do this at Port ? I know several places to catch crayfish locally.........

I believe the word the mnr uses is " same body of water" Interpret that how you will ...

Thats all the arguing over regs. for this thread ! I will not let the topic be de-railed over this ! ( if someone wants to post a quote from the regs that would be perfect )

I like working a small spinner bait like it was a jig. Put a small tube or creature bait on the hook to add weight and texture, then bounce it slowly along the bottom near structure,weeds, etc.

The blade(s) create vibration and flash which attracts the fish and because it is so versatile, they might Chase it. Its also virtually weedless.

If I had to pick one bait for the rest of my life for warm water, it would be a small dark blue, with glitter spinner. Just my2cents

One of the best bass tips you will recieve about working shallow water.

Think about using a double bladed spinner bait the noise of the blades banging against each other is a huge attractant. Although make sure the bait is small profile enough for where your fishing... Alot of stores carry entire lines of baits from companies, you gotta remember this isnt texas and were not fishing 10lb bucketmouths lol

A smallie will out perform a largemouth any day of the week !

So I often use this technique with mepps baits depending the water im fishing ...

Sometimes I`ll throw a really small bullet sinker and #2 or #1 yellow mepps spinner w/ matching size wide gap hook and tip it with your favorite soft plastic! if there are crayfish in the water use that right away and pop it slowly along bottom and HOLD ON

One of the best bass tips you will recieve about working shallow water.

Thanks I only just figured this out myself a bit ago.

Today while fishing at the MartinDale pond,its the only lure I used.

As for the double blades, I'm not a big fan, they feel too big for me when working cover and shallow water, hard to get them into tight spots and they tend to wrap around the line a lot for me too.

Archived