New To Nfn,my Best Smallmouth,largemouth From Shore.

fishingtheupperzone19

406313750.jpgCaught at beavedams thorold 2010

406313761.jpgUpper Niagara river 2012

406313759.jpgUpper niagara river 2012

406313758.jpgUpper Niagara River 2012

406313745.jpgUpper Niagara River 2012

Being that im new to NFN just wanted to introduce myself with a few Bass pics in this section.Been fishing the Upper shores of the upper and found a few spots that produce decent fish at times of the year.spring 2012 i put up my best smallmouth day with 25 smallmouth in 4 hours landing 22.Dropshot is the way i go for smallmouth or a silver mepps 3 ..sometimes I fish a jig on bottom with a 3 inch gulp black and white minnow.when its legal to use live bait ill tip a jig with a minnow on bottom or dropshot a minnow or worm works well for me to.i already know this is nothing compared to some other spots or compared to what the boaters do out on lake erie.But i still fish new spots to find hotspots for smallmouth.all these fish were released.

sweet fish man, upper is just a bass factory, there are some huuuge fish in there, most time i fish it i just drop shot with worm or minnow and i have pulled out a few 2-3 lbr's seems you know when just what to do when it comes to steel and bass, looking forward to more posts from you for sure

sweet fish man, upper is just a bass factory, there are some huuuge fish in there, most time i fish it i just drop shot with worm or minnow and i have pulled out a few 2-3 lbr's seems you know when just what to do when it comes to steel and bass, looking forward to more posts from you for sure

been working on being more consisent with lakers and browns.havent seen any steel caught in the main river (Upper)yet where im fishing and not many browns either.few browns and good amout of lakers.

been working on being more consisent with lakers and browns.havent seen any steel caught in the main river (Upper)yet where im fishing and not many browns either.few browns and good amout of lakers.

i love how lakers fight, the ones i catch just head straight down and dont let up, my pb 10lb laker nearly ripper my rod out of my hands, consistency is my downfall though, weather it be steel,lakers,browns,bass il go one day super hot and another 2 days with a skunk:P

i love how lakers fight, the ones i catch just head straight down and dont let up, my pb 10lb laker nearly ripper my rod out of my hands, consistency is my downfall though, weather it be steel,lakers,browns,bass il go one day super hot and another 2 days with a skunk:P

if you got nothing to do or bored Google Niagaraanglerblog and click on where he last posted April 21 2011.scroll down to the steelhead section where he talks about float fishing.its the most accurate information i have found yet and its been working in tributaries for me but he uses in the lower niagara. One day ill hit those tributaries that have good amout of browns and ill get them to.

Pretty sure the niagarangler blog is Steve who is an Admin and member here. He gets his fair share of fish down there....still waiting for him to give me some lessons.lol.....msg him for the secrets lol. Nice Bass btw...you know we have a bass section as well right?

Pretty sure the niagarangler blog is Steve who is an Admin and member here. He gets his fair share of fish down there....still waiting for him to give me some lessons.lol.....msg him for the secrets lol. Nice Bass btw...you know we have a bass section as well right?

Is this not the Bass section lol

Nice Bass man, since we are showing off our Basses I figure why not, this little honey was caught last summer, on small trading bay, just befor sundown the Bass come in from the lake and roost up for the night in the river where there is a ton of shelter, my technique for this time is bottom dragging a texas rigged jerkshad and every once in a while give it a good yank to bring it up off bottom, they usually hit it when its on the way down.

P.S this is my PB smallie.

406320998.jpg

Nice Bass man, since we are showing off our Basses I figure why not, this little honey was caught last summer, on small trading bay, just befor sundown the Bass come in from the lake and roost up for the night in the river where there is a ton of shelter, my technique for this time is bottom dragging a texas rigged jerkshad and every once in a while give it a good yank to bring it up off bottom, they usually hit it when its on the way down.

406320998.jpg

thats a big one.nice.love the pic

his name is Mike A Rietveld.if you know him and he has a profile on here let me know.i personally want to thank him for sharing information.his is Niagaraanglerblog. i could only get on it through putting it in the search on Google.

Nope, not me! Leave my inbox alone! :P Lol.

Depending on when in 2011 the blog was made, he might be the ORIGINAL niagarangler.

406320998.jpg

nice fish, and great pic. The smile says it all!

Archived