Bass In Vineland Area?

charlieD

Has anyone ever fished close to shore in Vineland or Jordan Harbor area (Lake Ontario ) for Bass. I may temp my wife to drop me off there with my Kayak to fish bass opener. Not sure if I will be very good yet in my Kayak but I need to get out fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lots in Jordan marina,

Mostly bucket mouth in there .......might be a blast tossing wacky senkos at the lily pads and weed beds ..(bright colours for that murky water ) :Gonefishing:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your advise guys.....didn't catch one fish. I fished about 10 feet from the wall and almost got hit by 4 boats, they had tons of room but chose to drive very close to me. I didn't get it but had to deal with because there was not much I could do. HAHA. I kind of wish I could fish somewhere else, haha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

live in vineland and i must say jordan gets packed full of people and full of litter, both in land near the camp ground and by the lake (both sides of the highway). best bet for bass would be going out on the rocks if inland trying both lake and inside marina. caught a few on both sides.

• 2 weeks later...

The creek mouths and backwaters at opener should be pretty good. Females will start following the minnows into the creeks. Spinner baits will work around the cattails and fallen trees. You can Texas rig tubes and add a worm weight and fish it in the same areas as a Senko. Flippin tubes are always a big favorite in the South. The Harbour was better when the water was deeper...haven't fished there in a few years, so I'm not sure if it has improved. On really hot days, fishing the shady sides of everything will produce fish - bridge pilings, cattail patches, hydro towers. Decent fishery if you can get away from the "hot spots"

• 5 months later...

Are you allowed to take a motor boat into Jordan harbour? I just have a tinner with an 8.

You can come in from the lake, but I do not think the NPCA allows you to launch with a gas motor, pretty sure I saw a sign about no gas powered motors.

You can come in from the lake, but I do not think the NPCA allows you to launch with a gas motor, pretty sure I saw a sign about no gas powered motors.

That's correct , you have to enter the harbour from the lake with a gas motor . Closest launch is at the Beacon , still $10 I believe , but a north wind can make a good chop at the bridges ......and stay on the east bank near the pillars for the deepest water.

Archived