Boat Tow Vehicle

krisbass13

Im looking to purchase my first boat in the near future but my parents do not have a SUV or truck style vehicle. Our tow vehicle would be a ford fusion, i was wondering if anybody has experience towing an aluminum boat around 14ft with any vehicle either than a truck or suv? Any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

Kris

Check the manufacturers specs and they should have a tow capacity weight rating, for the tongue and for the the car itself. Check that agianst the weight of the rigged boat - motor, gas can, batteries, trolling motor, gear and whatever else your putting in there.

I have a 14' tuna can as well, I pull with a Ford Explorer V6 and I can't even tell that there is anything on the back. Your boat should be the same weight, approx., I think the car should be okay.

Thanks for all the tips, turns out the tow vehicle is actually gonna be a pontiac vibe which has 1500lb tow capacity. The boat im looking at has flooring , side console, 25hp engine, 2 seats and a trolling motor. Not sure if itll fit into the capacity but the seller says he can tow it no problem with a 1000lb tow capacity car...

Archived