Favorite Mid-Summer Bass Baits

krisbass13

Just wanted to start a thread about everyone's favorite hot summer baits/rigs! I love trying new things so I would like to see your input! My 2 favorite rigs include the hollow body frog and the mojo rig a.k.a light Carolina rig with a zoom lizard.

I love the hollow body frog because its something I dont find myself pulling weeds off every cast lol and its so versatile you can throw it literally anywhere! Second, the mojo rig is fantastic. I use a 1/8 bullet weight pegged with skirt material so its adjustable, a 3/0 EWG hook and a 6" zoom lizard . Just cast out and reel it slowly above submerged weeds and along weed lines and the bass cannot resist, I'll catch them all day long on this rig!

Now that you read my favorites let's hear about yours?

I was playing with my stuff today getting a rod set up for bassing . I plan to fish the 12 this week as it should be at low water levels by Tuesday ( rowing races at Port ) I am set up with a 3 way for the 12 with a 3" tube with no weight inside & a 3' lead with 1/2 to 5/8 oz. for the drop sinker , this allows it to move freely in the current . Sometimes I put a couple of floater balls inside the tubes to keep away from the rocky bottom . Other spots on the 12 have largies , so I'll use some wacky rigged senkos and tubes there .

Never had any luck on the 12 with anything current was always an issue. I have seen big bass jumping by the gm plant though

If they aren't hitting the tubes or crank baits I bottom fish the back eddies using 3" salted minnows (better if alive) , or frozen shrimp . Weight depends on water flow , from 1/2 oz when water is low to 1.5 oz at high tide . A drop shot rig works good with hooks 18" -24" off bottom .

I was playing with my stuff today getting a rod set up for bassing . I plan to fish the 12 this week as it should be at low water levels by Tuesday ( rowing races at Port ) I am set up with a 3 way for the 12 with a 3" tube with no weight inside & a 3' lead with 1/2 to 5/8 oz. for the drop sinker , this allows it to move freely in the current . Sometimes I put a couple of floater balls inside the tubes to keep away from the rocky bottom . Other spots on the 12 have largies , so I'll use some wacky rigged senkos and tubes there .

If your referring to 12 mile creek I happen to live right beside a path that leads down to the water, the water is an odd color. If fished there a few times for bass with no luck seems to be really poluted . Never tried in the heavy current as I'm not a fan of fishing in extreme current like that! Even in the eddies/areas where current breaks and channel bends I cannot got a bite at all!

Tubes and drop shot for smallies frogs or mice and spinner baits for largies. I prefer to keep it simple although I have gone into the slop with some football heads and played around with skirt and traiker colors to get a big bite from time to time.

If your referring to 12 mile creek I happen to live right beside a path that leads down to the water, the water is an odd color. If fished there a few times for bass with no luck seems to be really poluted . Never tried in the heavy current as I'm not a fan of fishing in extreme current like that! Even in the eddies/areas where current breaks and channel bends I cannot got a bite at all!

The thing I like about the 12 Mile is the big variety of fish in there . I have spots for bass , pike , perch or carp . The water colour may change from the rains from upstream farms , or coming through L.Gibson which is affected by the Welland Ship Canal . I hope to try it there tomorrow depending when I can get my van's new exhaust system repaired at Midas . I will be using tubes .

The thing I like about the 12 Mile is the big variety of fish in there . I have spots for bass , pike , perch or carp . The water colour may change from the rains from upstream farms , or coming through L.Gibson which is affected by the Welland Ship Canal . I hope to try it there tomorrow depending when I can get my van's new exhaust system repaired at Midas . I will be using tubes .

Looks like ill have to give it another try sometime soon!

I fished the 12 last night, water was prime with little current! The bass were hungry!

I found some bass hunting shallow water packs of shad but I just couldn't seem to catch them, I may try again today and see what happens!

Archived