S'more Scaley Beasts

soccerjets

I honestly have no clue what the order that these fish were caught in but I caught them between Aug.10-Aug.17. All on either some sort of wacky rigged Senko or the Flat Dawg.

gg8vcpq.jpg

Nr6XBCF.jpg

zJ52g3X.jpg

The last image was only one bass amongst 6 others that I caught in a 1 and a half hour period (a personal best). My dad could have gotten in on the action as well but he decided to be stubborn and stick with his pearl and green senko when it was my leech look-a-like Flat Dawg that the bass were loving. And when he finally did switch over, it flew off on the first cast (and just our luck it was the last one in the package).

Cool ok thanks. And yeah they are, we might need ourselves a bigger landing net if we get more fish like that last one lol. I put them in the water after unhooking them before taking pictures and theres been a few close calls xD

And my Dad went to the states today and picked up some more flat dawgs for me so hopefully i can use em tomorrow :)

The first time I saw a guy using a wacky rigged Senko , I laughed & thought he must be a rookie fisherman & didn't know how to thread the Senko onto the hook ....like a worm ...lol . Then I watched him catch a bucket mouth on the first cast ,and a few more after that ! It didn't take me long to buy some of those wacky worms and I got a nice smallie on the second cast at the 12 Mile near 4th Ave. B)

Nice looking fish soccerjets ....looks like a solid 3 pounds to me .

I learned about senkos at my High School fishing club. the teacher had us using senkos on the lock jawed spawning bass (it was a private pond) for a tournament. I never thought of using them outside of the tournament (like at-home fishing) until I watched a guy fishing one and catching 3 rock bass in 3 mins (and they were decent sized rock bass as well). Ever since then I have been hooked so to speak lol. The bass seem to get bigger every time I fish :D

Archived