Highschool/teen Fishing Programs

krisbass13

Id like to take my fishing next season a bit further in terms of involvement in programs! I fish for the Jr. Bassmasters but i was wondering if there is any other associations i am elegible to join. (I will be 16) I am interested in fishing tournaments as a non-boater but i am also interested in any sort of apprentice (paid or not, doesnt matter) program to do with fishing companies. I want to learn as much as possible from other anglers. Id like to get more involved with anybody who has connections with companies as my plan is to pursue a career in marketing/business within these companies. Whether it be local or much larger, if you know of a program let me know! Greatly appreciate it if you find something!

Good to see a young guy with desire. You might want to concider starting your own website and work towards building a reputation. Fishing often and reporting through blogs. You could always make contact with companies like Shimano, Simms, loop...to name a few. Most pros have built a reputation. Involving yourself in clubs and organizations like the bassmasters is going to benefit you a lot. Being good at what you do and getting tournament sponsorship is the challange. I give you lots of credit for desire...build yourself a plan and surround yourself with the right people...and youll do fine.

Archived