A River Outing

bigugli

Finally got to spend a morning on the water with the son, so we ran out to the river to drag harnesses. I figured the waters would still be a little murky and opted for darker blades. Robert opted for bright and white. He guessed wrong. My half of the morning was great. In 4 hours I would land walleye, pike, smallies and sheephead. The highlight of the morning was another PB. Got myself a 30" pickerel. Not my heaviest, but certainly my longest. She will be coming soon to a place of honor on the wall.

Beauty catch.. Forget the wall and toss in hot oil

Beauty catch.. Forget the wall and toss in hot oil

Ha ha ..... it will be on the wall .....and I get the pleasure of immersing her into the deep fryer . :thx: yummo !!

Sounds like a fair trade Smerch!

Yes Ketch , I have had some nice fillets of eyes & perch over the years .... one of the free benefits of being a wildlife mortician ..and some great dinners of pheasant under glass , mallard a la\ orange & tender grouse breast a la\ gravy . Now ....if I was into fly tying back then ........ :)

Nice job Bruce ! I enjoy every min that me and my father spend in the boat ! I have too many great memories ! But ... He taught me to fish now I out fish him any given day lol !! Out of curiosity ..... Which part of the river do you prefer ???

Nice job Bruce ! I enjoy every min that me and my father spend in the boat ! I have too many great memories ! But ... He taught me to fish now I out fish him any given day lol !! Out of curiosity ..... Which part of the river do you prefer ???

I have not made up my mind yet. Depends on the day's target.

• 1 month later...

We only use a single blade on the harnesses. The added attractant that has worked for us over the years is a bucktail.

They worked great in Quinte as well , catching multi species with some worm added ..... :Gonefishing:

Archived