Fish Hut Tub Repair

Fish Farmer

Hope this helps someone else.

I guess I could file roughness down but I think the ice and road will do the job. :D

I covered holes I drilled in the past for the runners I had bought that weren't any good, hut kept filling with water.

Was a slow job but it filled the holes and one big hole and crack.

I use a lid off a Folgers coffee can for the filer.

DSCN1094%20800x600_zpsqc22yofq.jpg

DSCN1095%20800x600_zpsmv65cyes.jpg

DSCN1096%20800x600_zpspevsvjxc.jpg

DSCN1097%20800x600_zps61rwn6lr.jpg

You can use ties for plastic welding rods

DSCN1099%20800x600_zpshzmgljwm.jpg

I've fixed many tubs ...... Try using a propane torch and old metal scraper ....I use some heavier plastic then heat the tub plastic and the scraper then smooth out ! Works great for me

Hey, good tip, might have to try that. I use a Smitty Sled now to pull it around, lot easier in the snow and helps with the wearing on the tub.

How about using the fiber -epoxy patch kit we use for filling holes in car bodies ? Patch both sides ....... You picked the right coffee :)

....still waiting to get my pc back from sick bay.....don't know why it's taking so long to fix.....using my wife's lap top to post....

How about using the fiber -epoxy patch kit we use for filling holes in car bodies ? Patch both sides ....... You picked the right coffee :)

....still waiting to get my pc back from sick bay.....don't know why it's taking so long to fix.....using my wife's lap top to post....

I've tried that Smerch, the patch gets cold and doesn't stick to the plastic and then it disappears. But I like the plastic idea for sure. I have a couple holes to work on in my smaller sled.

Thanks FF and BS,

LT

Archived