Ahmic Lake

spindilla

I used to fish a nearby ...L.Wawashkesh . Our best fishing for eyes was just before & after dark when they come in to feed close to shore or islands . We used minnows  on light rods with a small split shot  to get the bait to bottom . During the day we trolled the shorelines with rapalas , etc and picked up a few . We got most of them in about 8-10 fow . The French R. was a different story , in the summer the eyes were caught in deeper water ( 20-30' ) , again minnows worked good for us .....anchored or slow drift . We never tried 3 way -worm harness  there but it may work good for you .  Also look for them in the weeds ....jig and worm might get those big girls , and watch what others are using . Good luck .

Just got back from Lake Kenogami and we trolled a lot of shorelines using bottom bouncer and slow death hook with a full worm twisting off the end.

Funny thing is the eyes were slow but 2.5 to 3 lbs. smallies were hitting like crazy. So I switched from drifting worm and jig to a white tube and got a huge hit first cast..I was thinking gotta be a nice bass. Got it to the boat and was the best pickeral of the day. You never know!!  

Archived