Looking for Yak Fishing Locals

Adam_Outdoors

Hi everyone,

New to the forum. Glad I found it. I've been paddling since I was a kid, but only been fishing for about 5 years now. I picked up my fishing kayak back in spring 2015 and I've been addicted ever since. 

I came here looking to network with some like minded kayak anglers around here. I live in St Catharines, and I work shifts so my time is reasonably flexible. Looking for some honey holes as well as some good paddling throughout Niagara. I (and my kayak) much prefer rivers and smaller water over the great lakes. As I said I'm still new to fishing so forgive me if I bug you for tips and tricks, but I'm more than capable of spending the day on the water.

So if anyone on here wouldn't mind me tagging along for some yak fishing, shoot me a PM. I don't facebook but we can trade numbers or email.

Hope to hear from you,

Adam

Hey, Adam, welcome. 

Ive been kayak fishing niagara for a bit now. If youre looking for any tips, send me a message.

Just made my first trip out at point abino today.

1 hour ago, Derek0291 said:

Hey, Adam, welcome. 

Ive been kayak fishing niagara for a bit now. If youre looking for any tips, send me a message.

Just made my first trip out at point abino today.

Any luck? What were u targeting?

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Any luck? What were u targeting?

We launched by the marina and paddled past the lighthouse, but the chop forced us back as we got a little uncomfortable. Winds were only forecasted around 13km/h with gusts of close to 20 km/h, but they definitely picked up to steady 20km/h + once we got out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I' also willing to meet up for Yak fishing. I reside in port colborne but don' mind linking up in the region. Experienced paddlers and angler here. Shoot me a message anytime, let' set some hooks

• 5 months later...

Not to bump an old post but didn’t feel it warranted a new one. I’m heading out in martindale Friday morning hoping to launch for 5am from Henley if anyone wants to tag along or if they’re out there don’t be afraid to stop and chat. I’m going to be fishing top waters for bass this time out I think. 

Archived