Bass season!

yakfish

I had a NY Licence last year. Will likely get one again this year. I've started making my own tube baits this winter. Itching to give them a try this season!

I have fished there a bunch spring and winter.. caught lots of crappie and a few catfish and bass.... stopped fishing there  because they limit where u can ice fish so they restrict you to 1/4 if that of the lake and also there was a flood a # of years back that brought some pollutants into the lake and fish was deemed unedible at the time so I scratched it off the list considering the travel time and catch and release only 

I have never fished there . The write up didn't give out many details about the lake , like fish limits , eating and c&r .

We have our own  "Niagarapenco"   at Jordan Harbour with a large variety of fish ....with a free launch (no outboard motors) ,and free parking when the park is open .

Pull over and fish from shore for big carp ,drum or channel cats or cast/troll for pike & bass .  Area 16 MNR rules apply .

....Soon.....  :Gonefishing:

Unfortunately, the author failed to mention that there is a major contaminent in the reservoir that is a serious pollutant that was discovered back in 2009 ..

Look up a Hamilton Spectator article from 2011 entitled "Dont Eat The Fish".

Also, it was closed last year for a while due to a toxic algae bloom (another Spec article on it).

Catch and release only - check Ontario Guide to Eating Fish.

The headline " Amazing Quality of Fish" is a bit misleading .....My first thought was "good eats"   :huh:

Some smaller ponds in Welland (Chippawa Park)  are seeing many dead fish from lack of oxygen because of thick ice and decaying algae

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/8295238-gulls-feast-on-dead-fish-at-chippawa-park/

We have had colder winters than this one , without a big die-off like this . 

One has to wonder sometimes how contaminated fish can survive themselves without showing the warts and bunions etc.  We caught many "deformed" fish 20 years ago , but I haven't seen many for quite a while that looked sick except for the odd picture of a few.

Smerch, it could be a combinaton of that combined without cleaning the bottoms of the ponds ... overtime with runoff debris and leaves the ponds will start to fill in giving less habitable zones for the fish

Archived