Lake Gibson/Moody Bass

t2damofoc

It's hard enough to find the carp , cats , sheephead or suckers this year . I haven't seen the bait fish there either .  Maybe ...the pike have eaten them up !

Good luck finding the smallies or buckets ....drop a minnow or worm for the rock bass .  ?

Yeah it's crazy. Was there just last night. I can see fish in there. Just wait 5 minutes and you'll see them jumping or thrashing by the lilly pads or out in the middle of the lake. Nothing in throwing (bass specific lures) is grabbing their attention so must be carp or something. 

Closer to the shoreline last night I had a few bites on a Gary Yamamoto 4 inch Senko Texas rigged. Pretty sure it was rock bass because the hit was a little more intense than a sunfish. Didn't nail the little bastard though. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2018 at 12:03 PM, t2damofoc said:

Anyone catching any bass at Gibson our Moody lately? Been skunked au many times it hurts lol

Caught a 2lbs LMB at Marlatts Rd. In October. She took the senko! 

• 3 months later...

I’m not from the niagara area but pretty much any body of water will hold bass. Jig head and minnow bait will give ya a good chance of catching some.  Make sure the season is open where your fishing though. Good luck on your adventures.  

On 4/15/2019 at 10:20 PM, nars said:

Anyone know any easy spots to catch some bass with little experience?? 

Once bass seasons open, they are relatively easy fish to get assuming you don't care on size.

One of the simplest spots (until the dog days of the summer hit) is Beaverdams … any of the ponds.  No size to be had/found but good enough if you want quantity over quality.  If you are looking to keep them for a feed … you might glow in the dark after consuming Beaverdams bass … for those I would say Niagara River, the smallies there are pretty easy to hook into.

23 minutes ago, fishingking said:

Ya you can actually be fined for targeting a  species out of season so be careful

Some will use spinner baits and target pike in early May and bass will be caught as well .... I see it every year .

4 hours ago, smerchly said:

Some will use spinner baits and target pike in early May and bass will be caught as well .... I see it every year .

“Targeting pike” as they throw spinners on the bass sitting on beds. lol. 

1 minute ago, DNorton said:

“Targeting pike” as they throw spinners on the bass sitting on beds. lol. 

Yep !  And I've seen them catch pike too ! 

Archived