Archery moose hunt and Big buck

mooseslayer

• 2 weeks later...

Woohoo. My friend Alain who does taxidermy almost done my mount. It has been mounted and drying for a week. Less than 3 weeks!. He has final touchups and I'll get it Saturday. I will post more pictures then. If anyone needs a deer or bear done he does fabulous work. PM me if you want his number.

buck drying.JPG

Deer mounts are $500 now. The costs for mannequin, pickle, tanning solutions go up every year and there is a lot of work. I can't wait to see it finished. I have a deer mount at the end of my rec room looking right so we made this one looking left. It should make for  a nice view. I have 2 big sets moose antlers at the other end of the room that are 55 and 58 inches wide. 

8 hours ago, mooseslayer said:

Woohoo. My friend Alain who does taxidermy almost done my mount. It has been mounted and drying for a week. Less than 3 weeks!. He has final touchups and I'll get it Saturday. I will post more pictures then. If anyone needs a deer or bear done he does fabulous work. PM me if you want his number.

buck drying.JPG

Wow, very nice, congrats. I had no idea that a mount could be done that fast.......................Daniel

It's home!. Got my deer back Saturday and  I'm very happy. Now I have bookends as the one on the right is one I won Big buck contest probably over 15  years ago. Alain did a great job. He fussed about a gore mark on the neck that he couldn't fix because hair must have got cut when it happened. I like it...gives it character and shows he was a scrapper. Here are pictures of it with my other deer and my 2 big archery moose racks at the other end of my rec room. The room is complete now lol.2019 buck.jpg

2019 buck sideview.jpg

2019 both bucks.jpg

moose racks.jpg

All beautiful mounts and trophies moose-slayer  !  I never hunted deer , and only have one moose rack which is too big to put anywhere inside my house with a 6.5 ' ceiling in the basement . It has been in the  garage joists for years......and a bear rug at son's house .

The moose racks I have are huge as well and they take up a lot of room. The one on the left is 58 1/4 inches wide.  I got in 2001 and when I put it in FROW record book it was #9 all-time archery. Not sure where it stands now. They're really heavy as well and I cut out plate steel and securely anchored to the back of the  skull and then cut a keyhole slot and it hangs off a large lag bolt into wall. My ceilings are low as well.

Very nice mounts!  Gunner from the site does excellent work as well. He did a duck mount a few years ago for me. I believe he does fish, as well as, big game too. Looking foward to getting something "wall worthy" this year, ideally for my son's first deer hunt!

Archived