Hamilton Sewage

smerchly

After 6 BILLION liters of crap escaping from a sewage plant and nobody notices ??  Four freekin years of crap filling up this waterway ? And now they say it's a foot deep on the bottom ????

Someone must have brought it to "someone's" attention .?? Maybe some anglers have visited there looking to fish ?  Unbelievable  !!  

Any of you Hammi guys here see this cesspool  ? 

I smell $$$ coverup ........   

1 hour ago, cutthroat dan said:

That is why you can not trust politicians at all 

" $$$ " talks ....I'm sure some poiliticos got a $hit load of loonies to keep quiet . There is no excuse for this crap !  I hope to see those responsible  jailed . ....(wishful thinking) <_<

56 minutes ago, fishingking said:

I believe i heard it was like 24 billion litres over the past 6 years!😩😡

We may never know the amount of crap that was conveniently "let go"

As cities grow we can expect to have more uncontrolled sewage going into "drinking water" .

The Niagara River is another example of raw sewage "escaping" the system ...

Report is that a GATE WAS LEFT OPEN JUST A LITTLE  for all these years... How is this ACCEPTABLE and now they say THEY HIRED 5 MORE INSPECTORS FOR THIS AND GOING TO COST TAX PAYERS MORE MONEY TO PAY THEM. Talk about BS is not even there.. COVER UP AS THEY GOT CAUGHT, THEIR LAWYER SAID DO NOT SAY ANY THING.... CROOKS>>>>>

I don't know that waterway , but is it possible to block it off , bring tankers in to pump it out , process the crap at a sewage plant , then bring in the machines to scoop up a few feet of contaminated  "muck"  and clean that up too ???

Where's that girl Greta Whazzername  .....  maybe she can pitch in ....   :rolleyes:

I fished the harbour a week or so ago (just before I found out about this issue). I didn’t notice anything by eye but there’s definitely a ton of damage done from what I have read.  I think the sewage has gone into cootes paradise in which will obviously flow into the harbour. There’s nothing but a fish gate separating cootes and the harbour. I won’t be putting my boat in there again. What also irks me about this is that the government spent a bunch of $$ trying to bring back the the walleye populations and then this nonsense continues to happen. On top, you can only imagine what the factories are discharging into the harbour. Sickening to say the least! 

Factories will have to clean up or move to the U.S. or China as they have been doing for years . As the population grows we will need more sewage waste plants .  Who's in charge of the crap ...Ontario or the Feds ? Follow the "flow"  ! 

Archived