Catfish

Steve_Guelph

I was there yesterday ....gate was locked but there were a few people working inside the building (two vehicles) . There were 2 girls rowing in the harbour and came back to the dock at the bottom of the road way near the pavilion there . I parked on the main road and walked down the lane to fish .....no cats in yet .... no ice !

Yes ,you can launch at the Beacon (sign says $3.00) but you don't want a NE wind as the lake side can  be rough ...strong ENE winds tomorrow .. The Bailey Bridge at the upper end has enough water to navigate into the harbour , parking close to the bridge . Otherwise , you will have to walk down the lane about 100 meters to the water .

If the gate is open as they may be doing some work there , they "may" let you park inside while they're there . One time they allowed me to lock the gate after they left it closed with the lock left open .... Another time a fellow let me walk through the flooded building with my boots on to get to the lane on the other side ....good people !

Archived