Jordan Harbour bass

Lukefish99

I have fished jordan harbour quite a bit for cats but now i would like to get some bass. I am thinking of working the lily pads and grass from my kayak with a Weedless frog and then working the edges with a spinnerbait or crankbait of some sort. Am I on the right track? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

They are in there, just have to be in the right area. Not all pads produce, some will. Finding deeper water by cover is best. Sometime right into heavy cover. 

It will be trial an error and a lot of time on water to find the consistent good areas.

When you catch your bass you have to ask "why in that spot?". The rest will fall into place

Most of my bass fishing is throwing frogs in the pads and I find the best pad fishing for me is at night. During the heat of summer bass will hole up and stay deeper by day. At night they move in to the shallows and constantly cruise the highways underneath the pads. Also the majority of frogs seem to be far more active at night hours which bass know to expect. I plan to be out this opener trying myself

3 hours ago, steellee said:

Most of my bass fishing is throwing frogs in the pads and I find the best pad fishing for me is at night. During the heat of summer bass will hole up and stay deeper by day. At night they move in to the shallows and constantly cruise the highways underneath the pads. Also the majority of frogs seem to be far more active at night hours which bass know to expect. I plan to be out this opener trying myself

are you using a heavy rod and braid when fishing the pads? id love to try frog fishing at night. maybe one night we can meet up.

10 hours ago, A cacher said:

Thanks for all of the helpful Advice!

Lots of shad and carp splashing around in the shallow don't confuse with bass. Bass are more intentional when they chase or attack something. But I would still cast there if not sure. Never know. 

8 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

are you using a heavy rod and braid when fishing the pads? id love to try frog fishing at night. maybe one night we can meet up.

Ya. Not as heavy as some but like 30lb braid on baitcaster. First thing they usually do on hookset is try to hang you up in the thick stuff. A high gear ratio reel helps too. I'm mostly a river guy but in summer months its my hands down favourite way to fish.

Archived