New to Kayaking

Seanl1975

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum and new to kayaking. I just got a new asend D10.  Really like it so far. First trip out was Jordan Harbour. I launched off 21st at the boat club. Had a great day out. Didn’t do any fishing. Just wanted to get used to being on the water.

This last weekend I got out on Martindale pond fishing. Great day out. No fish tho. With the weather being so hot and the water was pretty muddy. 

Anyways. Just wanted to say hello. I’ll post more when I start getting into fish. 

Welcome Sean....nice introduction ! 

I just came in out of the oven for a coffee break ..  way too hot for this old bird to be fishing today , unless there's plenty of shade . I intend on fishing at the conservation park at Jordan for carp soon and I see a lot of yaks & canoes , some fishing ,others just taking in the scenery , etc.

Martindale pond has been very busy also . ...seems like a lot of people are buying rec.vehicles, and all sorts of water craft this year as many places can't keep up with sales . Going to marinas to launch my boat is now passe ....way too crowded , need more launches !  Best of luck to you catching fish ! 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 11:55 AM, Seanl1975 said:

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum and new to kayaking. I just got a new asend D10.  Really like it so far. First trip out was Jordan Harbour. I launched off 21st at the boat club. Had a great day out. Didn’t do any fishing. Just wanted to get used to being on the water.

This last weekend I got out on Martindale pond fishing. Great day out. No fish tho. With the weather being so hot and the water was pretty muddy. 

Anyways. Just wanted to say hello. I’ll post more when I start getting into fish. 

At the pond, fish tight to shore throwing a brown sanko (no weight)under the trees/brush, should pick up bass and pike.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived