MNR irritate me

mooseslayer

I have a nice buck showed up on my camera in 89 just before the gun hunt and I can't hunt with the bow because of the gun hunt. It is in Fonthilll which has no gun hunting on Sundays so I called the MNR and asked if I can hunt Sunday...technically the last day of the Gun hunt and they said no. Even though nobody can discharge a firearm there. So essentially for the 2 shotgunhunts  they make 2 days that nobody can hunt for deer if they are in a  Sunday No firearm discharge area.

I don't blame the MNR. I blame the municipalities. The MNR provide equal rules for the province. It's the municipal gov't that needs to be brought to task. In West Lincoln we tried (thanks to the OFAH for leading the attempt) but at that time our alderman were being a bunch of anti-hunter NIMBY's.

7 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

What’s the reasoning for no shooting on sundays?

Sunday was traditionally a day of rest where people went to chruch instead of making noise with shotguns and dirty old pirate guns.

1 hour ago, corey said:

Sunday was traditionally a day of rest where people went to chruch instead of making noise with shotguns and dirty old pirate guns.

Sunday "was"  a day of rest until the stores decided to open their doors and suddenly we didn't need that family day of rest .......  Back in "the day" we could not hunt Sundays locally , and now , because of urban sprawl , there is no hunting at all where I  hunted locally .

3 hours ago, corey said:

They need to Get with the times. It’s go go go now a-days no resting anymore. If you can’t hunt within city limits then who are you really disrupting shooting guns on Sunday. 

It is a township issue. I led the charge to have it changed in Thorold and we got it done a couple of years ago. My point is that if the township doesn't allow Sunday hunting then bow hunters should be allowed to hunt. I also think I should be able to hunt during the shotgun hunt on private property and wear hunter orange to my stand just like is required in a bear season with a rifle hunt going on.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:28 PM, Tyler0420 said:

They need to Get with the times. It’s go go go now a-days no resting anymore. If you can’t hunt within city limits then who are you really disrupting shooting guns on Sunday. 

I'm in west St. Catharines and in the fall when the grapes are ripening , the "guns" start blasting at daylight !  You can't tell the difference between those gas bird bangers from a 12 gauge !  And just down the street less than 2 km .there's a yearly deer hunt  (bows) at the Boys/Girl camp park . ...legal because of a 400 year old treaty.....:dunno:

Archived