Our "GREEN" Space

smerchly

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/12/05/david-crombie-resigns-as-chair-of-greenbelt-council-over-ford-governments-stifling-changes-to-conservation-authorities-mandate.html

Looks like our environment (wet lands) will be paved over as the Ford government guts the Conservation Authority.... The MNR seems to have also lost some teeth lately .

When we elected Doug Ford as premier , he said " Ontario is open for business " ...meaning BIG BUSINESS ....while presenting us working folks with "buck-a-beer" ....how sweet of him !

I don't know how this will affect hunting or fishing in the future ......

I'm on the fence about this. On one side you have the green space which is nice to have. The green space being develop-ed is smaller pockets already within the urban sprawl. These are also the places that you generally can't hunt or fish anyways and the places littered with garbage all the time from the urban community who want to be "green". 

On the other side, it's not big business who will be developing these areas. It's the home builders for the most part who provide jobs and economic benefit to the areas. Everyone is complaining about the lack of availability in the housing market. People are also complaining about how much sprawl there is outside of Toronto. People are also complaining about "cidiots" moving into the rural areas.

I don't think that building into green space adjacent to urban areas is all that bad of an idea. For those of us to hunt and fish, it really won't affect us. For those of us who live in rural areas it slows down the invasion of "city folk" for a little bit longer. For those who work in the trades it provides employment and income closer to home.

The mistake people make is that they listen to the (red) star rabble and believe the biased information being published. I'd like to hear exactly what "big business" is benefitting from housing being built.

I think we all know that in years to come as the population explodes , the Niagara area will be like Toronto and our "old" hunting areas will be paved over.....similar to where I live presently as the housing "market" explodes . One of those local big businesses like Rankin must be doing well in this area building high rises ,etc. ,and Donatelli who turned our lovely beach into a marina . We do need the jobs , but we will have to sacrifice much of our  "green " space . Some of us "old codgers" may remember when St.Kitts was known as the "garden city" as the land close to the lake has excellent soil for growing crops . Another area was called Fruitland as the orchards provided much of Ontario's fruit . Governments know that they can get much more tax from an acre of houses than from fruit trees , which is the bottom line to land use .....and that goes for golf courses as well  lol . 

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

and that goes for golf courses as well  lol . 

My city owns two golf courses in town. Guess what? They just sold one of them. Why? To build houses. The outskirts of brantford are blowing up also with housing right now. (Another golf course shut down years ago) One builder is starting a site near the river where there is a huge deer population. Where are they going now? It sucks to see all this nice land become communities and yes I’m one of the ones benefiting from it as I’m a roofer and work for two of the biggest builders around. 

Yes it sucks to see the land "where the deer and the antelope play" , but that green you see at the golf course is another $green to others with bigger pockets . We will see millions more people invited to our country and many more housing projects will be needed . Drive down the 407 and have a look.....

35 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

I’m one of the ones benefiting from it as I’m a roofer and work for two of the biggest builders around. 

HA !   There are thousands of old houses like mine built in the 50's that need roof jobs ....I'm on my 3rd  "new" roof now !  B)  ....Do you do metal roofs too Tyler ?  My son Daniel just had his done with metal . ...think it was 10 grand !

36 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Yes it sucks to see the land "where the deer and the antelope play" , but that green you see at the golf course is another $green to others with bigger pockets . We will see millions more people invited to our country and many more housing projects will be needed . Drive down the 407 and have a look.....

HA !   There are thousands of old houses like mine built in the 50's that need roof jobs ....I'm on my 3rd  "new" roof now !  B)  ....Do you do metal roofs too Tyler ?  My son Daniel just had his done with metal . ...think it was 10 grand !

We only do flats, mostly walkouts or flats over front doors. 34FD161C-A2B4-4394-A7F0-DF52E8E97919.jpeg

5C300C7D-2E74-4740-ABD0-0A3B2912C927.jpeg

0C6BD726-CF74-4B4A-B865-F57FF733CBBB.jpeg

5A6ED398-B200-4680-A065-1D5F78A4A7CA.jpeg

81FB094C-5D96-453F-9267-BF274663D93F.jpeg

83631198-C4E3-46C0-811E-AFDE9113D9A0.jpeg

C593DB47-5E78-4D84-9C1D-C7BA7F46292B.jpeg

Archived