Queenston launch closed?It's time to charge parking?

Fresh Fish

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are fishing from that shore based on the pictures and videos online. They say you can access from other sides and not directly from the barriers. Which makes me feeling confused. Anyway... not familiar with the area so I do not know any other places around.... 

On 3/3/2021 at 2:41 PM, antonio77 said:

they are fishing from that shore based on the pictures and videos online. They say you can access from other sides and not directly from the barriers. Which makes me feeling confused. Anyway... not familiar with the area so I do not know any other places around.... 

You have to get out and explore. Many of us figured it out long before there was internet, gps, google earth, forums etc. It has never been easier.  We put in many hours and miles of hiking and casting over the years to find "productive spots" didn't find them on the internet. Getting away from the crowds and finding your own secret spot is very rewarding.

15 hours ago, Surf and Turf said:

You have to get out and explore. Many of us figured it out long before there was internet, gps, google earth, forums etc. It has never been easier.  We put in many hours and miles of hiking and casting over the years to find "productive spots" didn't find them on the internet. Getting away from the crowds and finding your own secret spot is very rewarding.

100% ☆

16 hours ago, Surf and Turf said:

Getting away from the crowds and finding your own secret spot is very rewarding.

That's my "secret" .....most of my "spots" were found on my own . ....got a few more to try soon.

Need to do some leg / peddle work ....  (off road)   ;) 

Just went by.  Vehicles parked all above the No trespassing Police Orders sign.  Lots of Shore fishermen!   Why is it ok to walk and not drive and launch my boat?  Few boats in the river but not many for a day like today!  Tomorrow should be elbow to elbow!

Pretty solid of you to check into that Tyler...heads up for those that may not have alot of experience...its a tricky launch with no docks....couple that with the height of the wall depending on water levels...the current...a whole bunch of shore anglers...you gotta know what you are doing...and best if you have a "glide on" trailer you can run your boat up on....that scenario is definitely not for a new or inexperienced boater

33 minutes ago, radop211 said:

Just got of the phone with the Parks people. Machines installed at all ramps as of today. 120.00 year pass good for all ramps and or 10.00 to launch/park each time.

Not bad price wise...thats the starting price to launch anywhere else. I think it may anger alot of shore guys though. Also may cut some traffic down there which should be a good thing. 

Just to add a bit of extra info...

If you have an annual parking pass for all Niagara lots, it isn’t valid at the launch lots.  They recognize that $10 per day for shore fisherman is overpriced so they may come up with something different.  Work in progress.  

10 bucks ain't bad if you share on expenses...

But wont take long until people figure a way around that...and all the nearby residents complain about parking on the street

Archived