Queenston launch closed?It's time to charge parking?

Fresh Fish

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its still closed and the unofficial word I got it will remain closed into spring !  A few days after the public boat launch information session, Niagara parks took 12.8 million dollars of tax payers money for free and they are NOT using any of that money towards the boat ramps , send those emails to Niagara parks boys   🤬

50 minutes ago, antonio77 said:

No information yet anywhere

Looks like fishing spots are secret because nobody shares 

Didn't used to be that way until people from hours away came and ruined em. 8 post hmmm....

3 hours ago, AwolRJ said:

Didn't used to be that way until people from hours away came and ruined em. 8 post hmmm....

That is how the covid numbers increased in Niagara too ?   

Some fishing spots very limited space for more than a few anglers . We tend to keep those spots private .  As many know ,  there are those who trash fishing spots with their garbage and the signs go up .......hence , most of my posted photos are "ground shots" . Queenston's an example ,during the smelt run ....garbage clean ups every day .....

36 minutes ago, Mattcrash said:

Queenston is Definitely no secret spot it’s a public boat ramp

And fishing spot .  I don't expect to see the hoards from TO dipping their nets again this spring as the covid distance rules still apply .  The fines can make for very expensive fish cakes......  

On 2/23/2021 at 7:03 PM, smerchly said:

That is how the covid numbers increased in Niagara too ?   

Some fishing spots very limited space for more than a few anglers . We tend to keep those spots private .  As many know ,  there are those who trash fishing spots with their garbage and the signs go up .......hence , most of my posted photos are "ground shots" . Queenston's an example ,during the smelt run ....garbage clean ups every day .....

And that is the reason why Niagara is still in a lockdown and the surrounding areas are not, people from out of town coming to the falls on the weekends by the 100's.....

6 hours ago, steelshady said:

And that is the reason why Niagara is still in a lockdown and the surrounding areas are not, people from out of town coming to the falls on the weekends by the 100's.....

Hope you stay home too at St Catharine's :))) LOL

And river is open for all of us. It is not about COVID or else. Fishing anywhere I have not seen people too close to each other. however.... 

7 minutes ago, antonio77 said:

And river is open for all of us. It is not about COVID or else. Fishing anywhere I have not seen people too close to each other. however.... 

There are lots of places you can launch a boat on the lower river besides the Queenston launch, you just need a long winch line and a 4X4 Truck 🤗

Just heard on the news we may go into the red zone tomorrow which would open up restaurants , hair salons , etc . But we have been warned it could be short lived as "newer" strains are appearing from other countries , and we will need "newer" vaccines to cope with each new strain ...... yada yada ......

This may delay the reopening of boat launches.....

19 hours ago, antonio77 said:

Trust me, I mostly fish the Niagara river/local waters which is my home turf COVID or no COVID.  

Yes, river is open to everyone, you can even travel up north if you wish to fish.  Just understand one thing, the doctors and the politicians don't see it that way, even though its your right, they will impose lock down after lock down just because you piss them off.... 

On 2/23/2021 at 7:06 PM, Mattcrash said:

Queenston is Definitely no secret spot it’s a public boat ramp

It isn't a secret, but for things like the smelt run, if you posted a post about a successful haul it would be packed the next night. 

On 2/25/2021 at 8:11 AM, steelshady said:

Yet there is very little evidence of transmission from the GTA people invading Niagara.  Hell there is very little evidence of transmission on an airplane where we get packed together.  Niagara will be a mess until we get over it, or until everyone wakes up and realizes that we need one government for Niagara and not a combination of regional and municipal, none of the mayors had much of an opinion on anything and really pushed it to be a regional government issue, well outside of Niagara Falls who wants every tourist penny possible.

10 hours ago, Snags said:

Yet there is very little evidence of transmission from the GTA people invading Niagara.  Hell there is very little evidence of transmission on an airplane where we get packed together.  Niagara will be a mess until we get over it, or until everyone wakes up and realizes that we need one government for Niagara and not a combination of regional and municipal, none of the mayors had much of an opinion on anything and really pushed it to be a regional government issue, well outside of Niagara Falls who wants every tourist penny possible.

Beware ....they have found another way to bring us the next China flu ...... It's today's Google  picture     https://www.google.com/search?q=Lantern+Festival&oi=ddle&ct=174786610&hl=en&kgmid=%2Fm%2F02clw3&source=doodle-ntp&ved=0ahUKEwi_-PGIiYnvAhUWVs0KHaneD1UQPQgB

Archived