17 " long, 14 oz. !!

smerchly

This big fellow has been evading me for over a week . ...tried different baits and finally ....

After  "chumming" with Big Reds smoked bacon ......

He finally decided to try some .......   

By the time I found him he was frozen stiff .....he didn't know what hit him ......

Largest one I have "caught" here in the back yard ....... what do I do with this thing ??

Rat 17 in..jpg

Hmm maybe get it mounted. Could have lots of fun with it.

Just brought back a memory from long ago. One morning before school when I was in grade nine our cat brought home a big rat like that. Much like you, I thought it shouldn't go to waste to so brought it to school. Dumped it out behind the door of the music room then me and some buddies waited down the hall for someone to see it. It didn't take long to hear a few girl screams, caused a big commotion, we enjoyed the show until janitor was summoned to retrieve the rat.

You just have to think outside the box when an opportunity like this presents itself.

45 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

P.S....what a waste of Big Red bacon!!!!

Only used 3 cents worth ...tied it with string  , should be good for another 3 or 4 rats !   

I found the rat's hole under the corner of the garage next door & also saw the tracks with the tell tale tail track . 

There will be more as usual ....they seem to like the bird seed and scraps people toss out for the birds . 

Maybe I can get Gunner to mount this thing ?  I can think of many ways to use it !    :crazy:

On 2/5/2021 at 3:13 PM, dave524 said:

Put it in an Amazon box and leave it outside the front door

Good idea !!  :santa:

21 hours ago, gunner-2 said:

Nice catch smerch 12 more you can make a fur hat 

got a spare beaver tail hanging around the garage Mike ?   

...anybody need a free toupee ?   :tease:

....can give a ratz ass too !  

39 minutes ago, genec said:

Bill, you definitely need to get out fishing!

Hit the rec canal tomorrow!!

Ya I know eh !   I have my gear ready to go ,,,checked it over 10 times today ....

Looking at weather reports every 2 hours .... 

I think I'll hit Rennie Tuesday for some mixed fishing .....hoping to spud my way to the west bank close to the grandstands ....look for my Extreme hut ....    :Gonefishing:

I wanted to go tomorrow, but after looking at the predicted chill factor I’m staying in and hibernating!!  Too cold for these old bones anymore in those temps, even with a hut, heavy thermals and a heater!

7 minutes ago, genec said:

I wanted to go tomorrow, but after looking at the predicted chill factor I’m staying in and hibernating!!  Too cold for these old bones anymore in those temps, even with a hut, heavy thermals and a heater!

Exactly my sediments Gene ( Cold) .... My indoor/outdoor thermometer is reading 8*F (cold) right now ( 7:13p.m.) . My bones are older than your bones and tomorrow will be for younger bones . Tuesday looks better and I'll take the heater too !

Archived