Young Cooper's Hawk

smerchly

Sitting under the bird feeder waiting for a sparrow /dove dinner ??  It seemed to be eating some pieces of corn...

I got a short video but it flew the coop right away .

Second shot was dinner time for my pet minnows ......  ..........tomorrow...   :Gonefishing:

...and .....about 2 hours later Mr.Cooper flew past my yard with dinner firmly attached to his talons !     

young hawk.jpg

Feeding Minnows.jpg

Last spring had a large hawk up in the walnut tree, with a squirrel a few feet away in the same tree. Squirrel knew

the hawk could not get to him with all the branches. Ballsy in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, knightfisher said:

Last spring had a large hawk up in the walnut tree, with a squirrel a few feet away in the same tree. Squirrel knew

the hawk could not get to him with all the branches. Ballsy in my opinion.

That squirrel was NUTS !    ^_^

Hawk came back today , eating "something" at the same spot . It didn't fly after I took some shots ,then flew off with it's food after I got a short video . There wasn't a single feather or sign of blood as I thought it may have caught a mouse somewhere & came to this spot again to eat it under my cedar tree . Maybe it was eating some scrap meat it found in the hood as it was busy for 10 minutes pulling it apart in small pieces . ...don't know why it was eating it here .   :dunno:

Hawk Eating ....jpg

2 hours ago, knightfisher said:

Where's that rat you caught the other day......

Resting peacefully in the garage until I commit it to the landfill to join his buddies . 

I think a rat that size would eat the hawk !   Maybe it's a possum ......  :huh:

Archived