Chippewa Conservation area

Duncan

Hi All

i am new to the forum and new to the area , I would like to ask for any information about hunting in the Chippewa Conservation area , what if anything  do people recommend  for this area .

Cheers

44E6D12D-CF6D-460C-8528-04157E8BB887.jpeg

Maybe narrow down you question a bit. I can tell you it is heavily hunted, and surrounding private properties are heavily hunted as well. Make sure you know the park boundaries, the section you have boxed off is 1/2 km from the park. The park ends at the mud side road that runs along the east side of the park.

Yes it is a very broad question because I am very new to the area . I did find a tree stand in the section I have marked off and I know there are deer , I have been told that and I have seen lots of tracks and rubbing on a old building , but I am curious about any other game in the area . The reason I am asking is I have just bought the area I have outlined . 
Thanks .

Duncan you purchased a terrific property for deer and turkey. I shot a huge 8 point buck 2 years ago in the field adjacent to your property. Myself and a few buddies hunt the general area quite a bit. A good buddy of mine lives just down the street from you. If you want to pm me I can put you in touch with him.

Hunted that bush late 70's one year,  got 2 does there, but lots of deer around. Fellow that worked with dad turned us on to it, he lived in one of the houses across from your property, believe it was owned by one of his family , their name was Cripps.

I think I will be busy next month with moving .I also want to check the area out and I need to stock the pond with rainbows . And my boat goes in at fifty point around the same time so I won’t be going to work much that’s for sure .

Archived